Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [NEWS] Mac VirtualDJ v5.2 released - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As the title said, mac v5.2 have just been released:)

Go to ur download center to have it.

Regards.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:29 am
Mac v5.2 have just been released but the same problem with the error in sound driver of core audio(timecode cds).Αt least the message changed.....

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:53 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here is the official 5.2 changelog (Thanks to DJcel for the link ;)

To set up the Hercules RMX 6+6 buttons please read HERE (Only PRO user)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 8:09 am
Are you kidding me?! Where is the Virtual Vinyl update! It's still only 5.0.7 on both VDJ and Numark's download pages. I feel like the only kid at the party who didn't get a piece of cake!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 8:27 am
Oh wait, even worse, I just realized that us VV users haven't even got 5.1 yet! :(

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 8:30 am
yeah, where is the VV love?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 8:59 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does anybody know how to make both decks work with Virtual DJ Mac 5.2 and DN-S1200?

It only works with one deck.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 10:10 am
I know it's probably an exercise in futility but can anyone at Atomix give us an idea when VV 5.2 will be available for download for us Mac users. Very soon or just soon?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 12:53 pm
Does the HS5500 support allow you to flick between modes on the player.
eg. Can you go between MIDI and DEVICE?

Ross.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:47 pm
BTW, I noticed an item in the new features list called "smart_scratch". Can anyone tell me what this is. I hope it's a scratch+cue function like on the CDX's so I can do some "cheat juggling". I would try it for myself but alas I can't because the update isn't out for VV yet :(

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 3:13 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
smart_scratch : Enable/disable smart scratch (auto mute backward scratch)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 3:19 pm
So, do we have some fixes for Virtual Vinyl Mac version or not? I've been very patient just like I was with Final Scratch changing support between Native Instruments and Stanton. I have now bought VV which, so far is only good to use as a paper weight until it can actual get me through a live performance. I will be more than happy to beta test, whatever needs to be done or else I'm going to keep using Final Scratch or buy Serato. I really believe VV could be the best software/hardware out there (above Serato not below it) so please listen to the DJ's that are trying to give Numark/Virtual DJ this chance or else it will be just like Numark TTX1 turntables never quite overcoming the Technics as the industry standard in the minds of the Worlds DJs. Can the Tech team step things up and then get the feedback from the DJs to make this happen.
DJ Blaze

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 8:23 pm
elvertPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Many of my Comment field tags in Virtual DJ 5.2 Mac are showing numbers like this: 0000005FC 000000A2D 00002428 and not "TEXT", as my tags are in iTunes 7.7 (43) Comment field .

I have also experienced this problem in the previous 5.0.8 Mac. I made a very fresh install of 5.2 Mac. I started by deleting the partition of my MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2 GB Memory,reformatted, installed OS X 10.5.4, updated it in full, verified permissions and disk, and then installed version 5.2 Mac. I have also deleted Virtual DJ Local Database V5.xml, reloaded tags,trying to resolve the problem, but I had no success !

I know all programs that integrate with itunes, and they never presented any problems with my tags (in any fields).

According to one of my support tickets, answered by Christopher Stoll, this issue was resolved in 5.1 Windows, and would also be resolved in the next Mac version, now 5.2

Please, could someone clarify why am I experiencing such problems ?

Thanks in advance.

Elvert B

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 11:05 pm
I just yesterday bought a Hercules RMX Console with Virtual DJ. Since there's no proper VErsion Tag in the "About" menu, I can't say for sure ehich version I have. I'd like to download the new version, but the system keeps telling me that I don't have a registered Product (which I do actually have).

Is the version I am using not eligible for an update? It's quite buggy!

Thanks
Andreas

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 4:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The bundled software that came with ur rmx is VDJ Le Version 5. Its a djc edition that was initially a gift to u to start out with the hardware. You bought the rmx actually n not the software n ur version won't werk without the console attached. But in order to upgrade to V5.2 VDJ pro, u need to upgrade ur djc edition. There is a discount for you.

Hope to see u as a pro user soon:)

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 4:26 pm
god I cannot wait for Virtual Vinyl Users to get their upgrade.... waiting here in cue I guess....

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 9:22 am
Not a pun to Numark Cue either

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:46 am
I'm also noticing a difference... running Macbook Air with Windows XP (boot camp). 5.2 on Windows XP SP2 side is %0 - %1 of CPU utilization. on the OS X it is over 25% - 30% utilitization.

Nothing else is attached other than power. Somethings a miss here when the same product uses CPU resources differently across two platforms.

On the Mac side when i play a song, it jumps to 40%. When I load a new track in it jumps to over 70% while loading. It also freezes the screen until it finishes loading.

When I record and load a song it goes up to 99%.

I'm sticking to the Windows XP side until i see these issues resolved.

This is the ONLY reason why i have Windows running on a Mac.

Please advise.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 9:03 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Affect the "quicktime audio decoder" to mp3 codec in the config of VDJ on MAC OS

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 5:32 pm
Okay did that. Loaded a new song into track 1 in Mac OS X. CPU spiked from 24% to 66%. Once song loaded, CPU cycled back to 24%. Something is not right about this if it's idle at 24% what is it doing?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 6:10 pm
61%