Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP4 Support?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any word on when mp4 support will happen?

In the meantime, what are the favorite (free if possible) mp4 to mp3 rippers? I have some iTunes to convert.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 2:36 pm
Itunes files are supported from version 2.05 of Virtual DJ :)

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 6:23 pm
Hi-

OK, I guess that means that feature is disabled for the demo version, because I have 2.05 according to config/infos and no matter what I do iTunes does not play nor show up on the playlist for VDJ.

I will get the necessary wires to split a single sound card in the next few days and then purchase VDJ.

Thanks for the help!

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 11:59 pm

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 8:31 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you need a WMP compatable codec try 3ivx you can download it from www.3ivx.com however it will not play files that are encoded with digital rights managment, as is with most software...

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:39 pm
azawakhHome userMember since 2004

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:40 pm
asatruHome userMember since 2005
For converting MP3 to MP4 (and vice-versa) try using Foobar2000 (audio player) it has GREAT audio FORMAT support. ----AND---- it will batch convert, thank god for small favors.....LOL

As far as the guy talking about converting iTunes files, most of those will be "M4P" NOT "MP4" their is a HUGE difference.

MP4 = Mpeg layer 4 AAC (advanced audio coding)
M4P = Mpeg layer 4 PROTECTED CONTENT - to convert these you need a program called JHymn, which will actually log you into your iTunes account to retreive your decryption key to allow conversion.

but back to the main question - AAC audio has shown it uses equal or less resources to listen to on your computer, WILL VDJ EVER SUPPORT MP4, or will they release an SDK/API kit so i can just reg my encoding libraries with VDJ?

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 11:44 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Today with VDJ 3.0 we have support for mp4, aac, and many other file formats, what VDJ version are you using?

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 7:14 pm
johnnybHome userMember since 2005
Yo, I'm very very very very confused ! Why does everyone keep saying that virtual dj supports itunes ?????

NO IT DOESN'T !!!

You CANNOT download a song from ITUNES and play it in VDJ 3.1 !!!!!!

Therefore, it DOES NOT support the formats given by ITUNES !

Is there anyone with the knowledge otherwise, that can say 'hey Johnny' yeah---your wrong, all you have to do is this and this in the itunes menu and your good to go !!!

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:33 pm
You don't know what you do when you buy music thru iTunes, Don't you?...

VDJ don't support PROTECTED music. This music you buy with iTunes is for use ONLY in iTunes and current users iPod. If you have to install WinXP again and all your music or you own a new PC, this PROTECTED music only can be reloaded by the iPod, It doesn't works by copy the music to iTunes only.

When VDJ saids it's compatible with AAC format, then is iTunes compatible. But not for the protected mode which ONLY is supported by iTunes (neither Realplayer, winamp, musicmatch, nobody can support it, because iTunes lock this files).

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:29 pm
acw dj, could you re-read your last reply, and make some adjustments. The way it is written, it is a little difficult to understand.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 8:36 pm
Sorry, you're right here it is:

VDJ don't support PROTECTED music. The music you buy with iTunes is for use in iTunes ONLY (and the iPod which is currently setup as a valid user for iTunes). The music you buy is not “shareable” and this is the main reason you have some problems with it.

When VDJ claims it's compatible with iTunes is because it’s compatible with AAC formats. But it’s not compatible with songs protected by iTunes. These songs are ONLY supported by iTunes ( no Realplayer, winamp, musicmatch, can support it, because iTunes lock this files, because are not “shareable”, you could not share this files with others).

Hope is more clear now...

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 11:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)