Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke Plugin - BEEP when click a song.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LincsDJHome userMember since 2008
Hi Guys.
I'n new here so firstly - hello.
I am just trying VirtualDJ at a place I do a couple of nights a week and another DJ has VirtualDJ for his DJing, I tried it with a bunch of CDG/MP3 (unzipped) to try out the karaoke plugin and see it looks good - but, yep, but...

I dragged a few songs to the list, then, when I click on one of the songs to move it up the list for example, I get a load beep (like an error beep) that is as load as my audio... Not good. I don't get it everytime I click but randomly. Haven't quite ironed out what sequence makes it beep - but, while I'm sat here with my debit card ready to buy cos I love the software, with this BEEP it is making me hesitate.

Hope someone has experienced this before and can tell me how to stop the BEEPING thing...

PS: All sounds in windows (Vista) are turned off - inc all error beeps.

Cheers.

Martin

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 3:53 am
LincsDJHome userMember since 2008
I should add that with the exception of the BEEP, it all works. So it's frustrating because it's stopping me from using it, stopping me from really evaluating what looks like a decent application.

Martin

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 4:41 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi martin, i don't use karaoke so i ain't really going to be much use to you but it does appear to be a settings problem in your contoller, i would advise you to do a search first in general, technical and hardware forums and if no information is found to your problem please repost this enquiry in the general forums where you will get a better and quicker response, hope to see you with us soon

Tayla

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 5:39 am
Sounds like a windows info beep! try selecting "No sounds" in sound config under control panel. I'd also be curious as to what Windows it trying to tell you, if this is where the beep is comming from.

I have also used VDJ at a Karaoke venue and found it very well suited... Hope to see you with us soon as a Pro user. =)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 6:51 am
I have just started using the Karaoke plugin for my shows, however, I can't seem to get the Karaoke list I create to load to only one deck, for instance deck one. I have a playlist on Deck two with the automix going fine, but the karaoke always loads on the active deck, either cutting the DJ song off, or the current running karaoke song. What am I doing wrong?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 8:49 am
All sounds right to me, you didn't explain what you were trying to do?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 12:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)