Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Does Anyone Even Know How To Use Virtual DJ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, I have Vitual DJ Pro.

I have The laptop.
The internal soundcard
& a USB soundcard...

I got the main soundcard to play out of the speakers...
and the usb soundcard will sound to the headphones...

But i dont know how to switch to the Speakers from the Headphones...

Example:
Im playing (IDK) uhmm.. In this club - Usher, and its playing out the speakers....
I have London Bridges - Fergie sync'ed up & on a 4loop on the headphones...

How would I switch it so fergie starts playing to the speakers (maybe mixing it out) to start
hearing the next song on the headphones and so on....

I dont have a external mixer or turntables...

Ive tried everything!

someone please help!

=[[

I NEED TO KNOW

Posted Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 10:06 pm
Checklist:

1) config/soundcard
Set INPUTS: none
OUTPUTS headphones
SOUNDCARD(S): 2 cards

sound card : select your soundcard you want for your mains from the drop down menu
second card: the second soundcard will carry your headphone signal.

OUTPUT CHANNELS: this tells you how the cards are set up. master (mains) and headphones.

This setup will allow you to preview(cue) your tracks in your secondary soundcard. and you will have to controll the decks with the software corssfader in VDJ's mixer skin.

To have VDJ autoselect the deck for preview - set AUTO HEADPHONES to ALWAYS in config/options

Posted Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 11:32 pm
i have all that figured out, but since im using the default keyboard arrangement on the laptop
Im not ablot to switch them...

am I retarded?

im sorry....

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 11:53 pm
lamozPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Not retarded, just a newbie. Because you are a newbie I'm going to suggest the basics. The way I have my set up is for sound to come out of the USB sound card ( better quality than the built in ), built in card to headphones. If you're playing a song on left deck and the right deck is playing another song ( sound going to headphones), I think you are forgetting to use the cross fader. Default buttons should be page up and page down.

again your sound settings

inputs= none
outputs= headphones
sound cards= 2 cards

sound card= what ever card you want to use for speakers
second card = what ever card you want to use for headphones

output channels = Master: first card / headphones : second card.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 3:52 pm
so...

saw previous question and went through all advice given... STILL i am unable to queue-up in the headphones (actually I can but then theres no monitor output - and if i change the sound settings over theres no headphone sound) PLEASE SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEE

:(

Posted Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 8:17 pm
You don't have to be a registered user to get support from these forums.
Plenty of knowledgable members that help anyone and everyone that they can.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 11:43 am
its easy just load up one song on deck a and the other song on deck b then when your finished click the play button to go to another song click atomix to the top of the program that transfers you from one song to the next

Posted Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 3:14 pm
Here's what I'm doing with Virtual DJ, among others like scratching the fire out of some videos for about 4 hours a day.

No audio interface, nothing fancy, just some old CVs and a Y cable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwm8Ol17Ds

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 2:19 pm
So I just downloaded Virtual DJ. And I have absolutely NO idea how to use it ._. can anyone help please? (:

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 6:17 am
Play with it and find out the functions of each button,slider,nobb,etc.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 2:33 pm
Am having problem making a perfect mix... can you help me, i want to make a mix that will come clear, without clashes in the sound.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 12:12 pm
Try removing the bass from one song and keeping it on the other. This will help reduce the clash between the tracks you're trying to mix. Be sure you're matching those beats too!

Also, don't be afraid to have one part of one track loop (maybe an 8 or 16 beat clip of the song) while the other song runs it's course so you won't have two courses running on top of each other.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 10:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)