Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced settings confusing!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ajb666PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all, I've been a keen user of Atomix and Virtual DJ for ages. The software has really made my life easy - well worth the money, well done!

I've now invested in a new combo mixing desk / amp which has 8 mic/line-in channels + 2 stereo line-in channels. Ideal for karaoke of course! However, I've now started to have a bit more of a fiddle with the advanced soundcard setup (I have several USB external soundcards)

Everything works fine but I'm wondering if someone would be so kind as to explain all the channels in the advanced settings. For instance, I understand the left and right desk outputs but what's the difference between Headphones and Preview?

Given enough soundcards (or channels on 5.1 soundcards) I guess I could feed everything separately into my mixer (mental note: must buy more patch leads!) I'm just wondering if anyone else has hooked up Virtual DJ to large mixers and how you got on.

Best Regards,

Andy

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 1:19 pm
I do it. Just select :

Left Deck: usb card and front left
usb card and front right

Right Deck: usb card and rear left
usb card and rear right

Just ignore Headphones and preview cos wiht an external mixer it doesn't make sense to use it. Use the headphones from the external mixer and u'll have preview.

Then, if u wanna use samples as a new channel, select them with the default sound card in your pc and plug it to a third channel in ur mixer.

I work like this and it's very good.

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 1:39 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
preview is for when you right click on files in the browser and click preview. this is so you can send them to an output seperate to your 2 main stereo channels, thus no 3rd song playing by accident...

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 2:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)