Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Help... Mapper Code Problem with Dac 2 =)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems with v5.0 and above the defs for the jogwheel has changed. when I wrote the plugin, the inner wheel while playing created a pitchbend, ie v4.x. now wtih v5.x the inner wheel causes a scratch effect.

I didn't worry about it much till last night where the inner wheel on a deck decided to sit between notches causing a paused scratch effect randommly in the middle of a coupe of songs, of course i had no idea what was causing it till i accedentally knocked the jogwheel, and it did it right away again!

My question is if I can send a plain pitchbend command wia the jogwheels now to correct the issue, of if i need some other command that will work with the jogwheel code.

This is the code in question.

}else{
if( delta == -1 )
wsprintf(cmd,"jogwheel %d",-1*(int)VDJiJog/8);
else if ( delta == 1)
wsprintf(cmd,"jogwheel %d",(int)VDJiJog/8);
SendCommand(cmd,chan+1);
if( !DeckInfo[chan]->Playing ){
CUEPause[chan] = 1;
chkMove[chan]=true;

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 11:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Use the function vinyl_mode(-1) to disable the vinyl mode

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 1:28 am
Ok thanks, Hmm but where, do i leave the jogwheel command in there and set vinyl_mode on load of the mapper?

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 1:42 am
Pleeeease. where do I put it? I suspect I can put it in the config setup that is read on load of the plugin, so it changes the mode right from the start. ill have a shot at this later, but would still like a little advice on how to do it properly. I also suspect ill have problems with the (-1) bit from memory?

thanks =)

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 12:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)