Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya 44 problems (this card is supossed to work)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Background: I recently purchased a Maya 44 USB soundcard. I am running it on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 1 gb ram and 3.0 Ghz processor, with Windows XP Professional. I have disabled all unneeded services and ports. When installing the sound card, I start the driver installation before plugging the card in, and wait for the installation to instruct me when to plug into USB, to ensure I am using Asio drivers and not Windows drivers. Driver version is 2.5.5.

Problem: Only output comes out of output 1&2. Nothing out of 3&4. I am using time coded CD running into the inputs on the card (left player goes into 1 and 2, right player goes into 3 and 4). When I try to calibrate my levels, I can push play on the left deck (inputs 1 and 2) and see (green lights)/hear it come out outputs 1 and 2. When I push play on the right deck (inputs 3 and 4), I can see/hear it also coming out of output 1 and 2. It should be coming out 3 and 4. Other DJs I know using an almost identical set up are not having this problem, it is working right for them.

Any help would be appreciated... thank you!

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 8:04 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Are you using the Asio low latency mode ? (the last icon in setup)
This is what you have to do, also adjust levels in maya mixer/timecode setup.

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 1:59 am
im not trying to bother you, but ive had bad luck with the maya 44 USB. it did not work out for me

the m-audio delta 44 did however.
it worked like a dream.

the USB part kept getting a conflict and was un-usable. the PCI (i guess since i had a desktop (not a laptop))

the m-audio delta 44 is running at 1ms latency. i love it.
the scratching is as close as it gets i guess. it could use more work on the programers part. but for now,
its good enough.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 6:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)