Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console Disconnected!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I used to have no problem with my DJ console. But now I get the message DJ Console disconnected.

What should I do? I checked the cables, I even downloaded the latest driver 5-1-2005.

Still no connection.

Thanks for your help!

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 7:08 pm
Please try to unintall, and then reinstall the drivers

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 9:39 am
similar problem after installing latest version of VDJ for the DJC and updating the hercules drivers - I get a "DirectInput not init." message.

DJC drivers installed first, then the VDJ update, restarted several times and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled - problem persists...

I've contacted Herc tech support but as yet no reply - anyone else experienced and subsequently solved this problem?

Cheers.

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 4:29 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I installed the new drivers, and had the same directinput error. I rebooted, tried different USB ports etc but it still didn't work. Somehow, two days later, despite not doing *anything* to the system, it started working properly :-S

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 11:55 am
(sigh) ain't that just the way...

Fingers crossed I get the same then :-)

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 4:48 am
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey, was wondering about this post...
Never encountered it, untill I know had the 'DirectInput' erro.

Recalling seeing the message, I came back to the board.
But no point of light.
Uninstalled/reinstalled.

Suddenly I saw the light.....
I disconnected my USB soundcard, and plugged the HDJC in the other USB port.
Started the the DJ console Mixer (green alien), and guess what....

It worked.

I recalled having troubles with my USB soundcard, having it recognized by the system.
And the controlling app shouting that the USB bandwith was too small.
So this put me on the right track.

And maybe that can explain the behaviour as one of you guys explained, the after a few days it started to work. Maybe USB bandwith consumption dropped, and HDJC had enough to communicate.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 11:23 pm
ive had problems with my console on my laptop too. it is fine on my other PC. On my laptop i have to switch it on then plug in the console. If i unplug the console and put it in again it wont work, i get the no connection message. I have to restart the machine before i can plug it again.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:00 pm
scoobytwo
your error comes from testing an illegal version of VDJ.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 7:26 am
robll75PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Piracy staff wrote :
scoobytwo
your error comes from testing an illegal version of VDJ.

I'm haveing the some thing happen to me directinput not Init. error can get it to work. and i have a legal ver 4.0 vdj .....please hlep me

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 8:52 pm
robll75 wrote :

directinput not Init. error

Update Direct X.. this error message is a directX error message.

Or, the drivers of Hercules since the error is a input device error for directX (that Virtual DJ uses)

So chances are very likely that :
1) Direct X is corrupted
2) Hercules Drivers are corrupted

A reinstall is what you need to try, and/or update of drivers...

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:05 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
robll75 wrote :

directinput not Init. error
this happened when i had to do a system resort an when i try to run vdj the error started so i try it on my laptop which it alway worked it came up with the same error on my laptop tp how can two computer have the same error?????

Update Direct X.. this error message is a directX error message.

Or, the drivers of Hercules since the error is a input device error for directX (that Virtual DJ uses)

So chances are very likely that :
1) Direct X is corrupted
2) Hercules Drivers are corrupted

A reinstall is what you need to try, and/or update of drivers...

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:32 pm

Did you do a firmware update of the Hercules console recently?
An update that maybe did not go well...

Because if you have the problem of the console on more than one pc, AND it worked before, its pretty sure you did something with the console, OR did something on BOTH pc's that have messed up things.

Can you try to recall what you might have done?

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 10:03 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
i was loading up norton 2006 when it lock up on so i try to uninstall it it did not work i try everything to uninstall it no good. So i did a system resort to the time that i starterd to install norton 2006. I put back my old norton 2005 then today i try to run vdj an the console had the error on my pc so i try it on my laptop and it was the same ...??? please help me and NO i did not do a firmware update...
Did you do a firmware update of the Hercules console recently?
An update that maybe did not go well...

Because if you have the problem of the console on more than one pc, AND it worked before, its pretty sure you did something with the console, OR did something on BOTH pc's that have messed up things.

Can you try to recall what you might have done?

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 10:15 pm
ok...

So you did a bit of installing of Norton.. 2006 and 2005, and a system restore.
Now, that would mess up your system maybe.. on ONE pc.

But you have this problem on BOTH pcs.. Thats what I dont understand.

Or did you do the Norton 2006 thing on BOTH pc's?

I will tell you this... Norton is really a "virus" in itself sometimes. It install itself "all over" your PC, monitoring all kinds of programs (like it should), but it can be damn hard to uninstall.
Norton has a clean uninstall app at their website, that might be good to clean stuff up.

Anyways, even IF Norton messed up things inside your Windows install, it should be possible to fix:
1) UNINSTALL Hercules
2) UNINSTALL Virtual DJ
3) Download the LATEST DirectX and install it.
4) Rebooth your PC.
5) Install Virtual DJ
6) Install Hercules drivers.

If that dont work, then you are out of luck, with a driver mess it can be hard to fix any other way than reinstalling your system (Windows).

But hopefully step 1-6 above will help :)

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 11:02 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
I'll try it and I'll get back to you on what comes out of all this >>>???
ok...

So you did a bit of installing of Norton.. 2006 and 2005, and a system restore.
Now, that would mess up your system maybe.. on ONE pc.

But you have this problem on BOTH pcs.. Thats what I dont understand.

Or did you do the Norton 2006 thing on BOTH pc's?

I will tell you this... Norton is really a "virus" in itself sometimes. It install itself "all over" your PC, monitoring all kinds of programs (like it should), but it can be damn hard to uninstall.
Norton has a clean uninstall app at their website, that might be good to clean stuff up.

Anyways, even IF Norton messed up things inside your Windows install, it should be possible to fix:
1) UNINSTALL Hercules
2) UNINSTALL Virtual DJ
3) Download the LATEST DirectX and install it.
4) Rebooth your PC.
5) Install Virtual DJ
6) Install Hercules drivers.

If that dont work, then you are out of luck, with a driver mess it can be hard to fix any other way than reinstalling your system (Windows).

But hopefully step 1-6 above will help :)

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 11:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)