Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Do u guys think like..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My brother (Drakenberg on this forum) that a steup like this is kinof overkill for a mid skilled dj...
2 xp10´s
uc33
a mixer
a computer
OR
Computer
2 stanton turntables
and tcvs to that
a uc33
maya 44
and a mixer
he thinks that the dj console is more than a pro dj needs.
but i think that it would be nice whit something more.
He only uses a djc and a cpu on his "club" and he says thats it works fine but i do not think so.
I whant more control with my hands and more possebilitys.

Thx 4 ur answers

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 8:08 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It's up to you...
Where is my djconsole now ? i dont remember...
(i use timecode...)

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 9:35 pm
yeah i´ll want to use timecodes but what more do u get (exept the feeling and that u could scratch) whit tcvs

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 1:48 pm
You ALREADY say it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the crow see you "playing" like the good old times!!!

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 3:03 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The console gives you decent faders and RCA Outputs. The other features are problematic and not something I would trust in front of a club.

EQ: The midrange band is way too wide, imo.
Buttons: Problematic in that they sometimes do not "register" when pressed and your effect/song doesn't start/stop.
Wheels: Very poor resolution. Forget about any sort of scratching unless you are very good and very patient. Some people use them to pitch songs back into sync, but I find them so inaccurate that I'm better off using the keyboard to align.

If you have some money to spend, I'd recommend getting a good quality mixer and turntable setup, preferably used. You can go the TCV route and if you find that all the equip is overkill, you can resell all that gear for pretty much the same amount you paid. I'd think you could find a decent used turntable setup with mixer for only $200-$300 more than the Herc Console.

The console isn't bad, but I'd not pay $250 for mine again. As soon as my new mixer arrives, my DJConsole is going to Ebay.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 3:08 pm
Schratchin on a djc is a joke but as u said gettin the songs in place if the beats are like half a second away otherwise in use keys.
When i play with my djc sometimes i use my keyboard more...

But du u gys think that a set of stantons 60´s are goog coz i founded a good deal ( 2 stantons r8 60´s
pickups slipmats and a crap mixer etc or should i go for a pair of technincs/numark.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 12:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)