Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: When using TCV, the waveform moves on its own..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have any of you experienced this? When I am using TCV, everything seems to be working fine. Then when I pick up one of my needles, the waveform slowly moves back and forth as if the needle was on the record and I was moving the record very very slightly.

What can be causing this? Thanks for your help.

PS... I am using a P4 2.4gig pentium Delta66 sound card in asio mode.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 2:56 pm
you may need to raise the silence level. The software may be detecting the background noise in the club picked up by the needle as time code.

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 4:59 pm
Thanks swndman... I tried that already but it did not help. If I click stop (with the mouse) while the needles are on the records, the song stops fine. If I pick up the needles the same thing happens. It appears to be a problem with the needle drop feature.

Needle drop works fine but this seems to be related to it. Another thing I noticed is that while this is happening, the software thinks that the decks are playing and asks me If I am sure that I want to exit since the decks are still playing". Weird.

I tried the software preamp, but It makes things worse. I guess that is since I already have two hardware preamps installed and working on my Technics 1210mk3's.

If I leave the needles on the records and turntables spinning, I can hit the stop button with the mouse and the tracks stop fine. No moving of the song at all. I can then exit VDJ with no problems. That is the only way I am able to exit right now. Man somebody else must have seen this before!!

Killabee44

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 7:23 pm
Man, I am still having this problem. Can any users or anyone in Support help me out?

Killabee44

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:23 pm
Ok, I finally got it under controll. I originally had my turntables set up to work with T.C. Vinyl from another company (before I purchased VDJ), so after getting the VDJ time coded vinyl, I just put it on the turntables and began.

Well, that was the mistake. VDJ instructs (and they emphasize this as very important) that you need to hook up the ground wire from the turntables to the pc case. I failed to do that and it was causing the problem.

I also had to lower the gain and raise the silence some (this did not work before) to get it to be completely still when the needle was not on the record. Now all is well. I hope this will help others that might run into this problem. Sending users an instruction manual with the T.C. Vinyl would have also helped :) .

Killabee44

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 11:13 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was experiencing some problems as well with the TCV from SYNQ (since the VDJ ones are still not available...).
But I hooked the ground from my turntable up with the case of my monitor, gonna try it with the ground attached to the case of my PC.

Why in fact do you need to hook up the ground of your turntable with the case of the case of your pc, and not any other grounded equipment?

And how do you wire it with a laptop, everything in the case of a laptop is plastic ...

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:53 am
I actually plug the grounds into the serial port on the back of my laptop. It works perfectly. I get 100 percent.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 5:27 am
Well, yvesmk, I asked myself the same thing when I read the guide on how to set up for scratch. Weird that you have to put the ground from the tables on the PC. It works and I dont know the technical side of it. They should send peeps a copy of that guide with their TCV.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:00 am
Here's one question that is on my mind. I am purchasing Numark TTX-1 turntables and they have the ground wired with the power cable.

they do not have a ground wire to screw on a mixer or anywhere else for that matter so would this effect the needle drop with this setup?

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 4:59 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ [DJ_whiteDVL]

I have the TTX1s and the work perfectly without a ground wire. just switch them to line out mode.
they are great turntables, you wont be dissapointed
PJay

Posted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 7:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)