Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Denon DN-HC4500 custom mapper v1.0 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

My custom mapper for the Denon DN-HC4500 controller has now been released and can be downloaded from the External Tools section of the VDJ website:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=4417

Features:

• Basic controls closely match those of a Denon CD player such as DND-D4500, including the loop buttons (Hot start/stutter points.)

• Improved information display, including scrolling text, graphical display of crossfaders/faders and full use of the text displays for showing status information.

• Multiple modes for the jogwheels: Pitch bending only, touch-sensitive bend/scratch, spinback, rapid song search and parameter adjustment/file browsing.

• Multiple modes for the function buttons and parameter knob, allowing effects, video effects/transitions and samples to all be selected and controlled directly from the Denon DN-HC4500.

• Effect buttons can be optionally used for direct selection of modes.

• Assignable effect and function buttons that can be used for direct triggering of favourite effects, video effects/transitions, samples, etc.

• File, folder, playlist and sidelist browsing using either the parameter knob or optionally the jogwheel.

• Automatic video crossfading.

• Incremental pitch bend using -/+ buttons (The longer it's held, the greater the pitch bend.)

• Pitch slider can be optionally toggled between adjusting pitch and volume.

• Built-in brake start/stop function.

• Optional frame cueing mode (Can be enabled via user parameters.)

• Video crossfading using a compatible Denon mixer with X-Control.

• User parameters allowing various options and settings of the mapper to be customised, such as jogwheel sensitivity.

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 12:27 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Thank you so much again for the great work

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 1:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Absolutely, working perfectly for me here mate :)

Are you intended to cross-compile it for Mac at all? If you need anything for that feel free to give me a shout!

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 9:39 am
SBDJ wrote :
Are you intended to cross-compile it for Mac at all? If you need anything for that feel free to give me a shout!

I don't think the HC4500 is natively supported on the Mac yet, so it won't be possible to use a custom mapper.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 1:10 pm
aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jpboggis,

Thank you very much for the excellent mapper and very instructive manual that comes with it.

Love the fact that, just like VDJ, it's very customable.

You're the man !!!

ap

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 8:41 pm
Many Thanks. Awesome work. :)

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:14 pm
Freakin' Awesome!
Thx JP!

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 3:11 pm
Firstly, JP, This mapper is just unreal, it makes the 4500 come alive and do what it should do!! Your work is truley excelent!!

One question i do have, i dont think this is cause by the mapper because it does it in native support too, but i was wondering if you had any ideas...

When doing a Karaoke night, i use a playlist of music which sits in one player playing away to it's self all night long so i dont need to worry about loading songs to play in-between singers, i use clipbank to play a promo vid clip when the audio playlist is playing and that is set by using "use this effect when audio is playing" in the video config.
All works fine until i have a karaoke vid up and the vid xfade FULL to the karaoke tune side, and the audio side does a Automix, it makes the Video output jump back to the clip bank? it only does it if the xfade is all the way over though?

I think that explains it? any ideas can you let me know?

Once again Thank-you So So So So much for all your efforts on the mapper. Its The Muts Nuts!!!

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 10:32 am
I think it's a bit of a bug in the one deck automix - When it mixes in the next song, it also does an internal video/audio crossfade, but is not taking into account that the main crossfader is away from the deck that the automix is active on.

To avoid it, try pausing the automix deck when you start the karaoke video playing. When the video is almost finished, press FLIP+PLAY to start the automix playing again.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 1:51 pm
ahh ok thats cool, yeah i got round the problem by using keybord short cuts for the video xfader but making them not quite go all the way in each direction, it seemed to work.
Thanks for the quick responce.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 4:09 pm
donsotrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is anyone using this with cue. I'm having trouble getting the dn-hc4500 to display in the config files using this plug in any help would be appreciated

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 4:10 pm
I don't think Cue supports the HC-4500 natively, so this mapper wouldn't function...

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 6:41 am
donsotrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
In the txt file it says it supports cue

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 11:26 am
DJJuiceGallatin wrote :
In the txt file it says it supports cue

Sorry, that was an error in the manual that I forgot to update.

I wasn't aware that it wasn't supported until quite recently. However, as soon as native support is added, the mapper will work.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 4:52 pm
JP, do you think you have time and are able to fix the bug with the automix? I know I can just disable the mapper when I have it on but......
Thanks. Awesome work!

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 10:48 am
He's already on the case folks, don't worry :)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 12:47 pm
The bug has been identified and fixed in a beta update version of the mapper. It only appears to affect Vista users so far.

It should be released very soon - Possibly later this week if all goes well.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 1:30 pm
Great thanks! Just to let you know...I only use XP and the crashes happened. I'm excited to see it fixed!

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 10:54 am
GrodibPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i love the mapper. really great thanks

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 4:30 pm
Can you please repost the mapper for download. Does it work with Leopard? Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 2:35 am
83%