Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: A Plugin for Karaoke I have seen but not located here

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was at a recent show and a demo of VDJ was given during the "digital DJ" talk. He had a plugin that appeared to keep track of singers and their songs. He said he didn't know it's full abilities as he used something else for his Karaoke gigs. He told me he got it on here somewhere, but I have been unable to locate it. Is there anything like this out here and where? If not what do some of you KJs do to help keep track?

Thanks

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 9:57 pm
The karaoke plugin is an integral part of version 5.0.7. It is installed when you perform the upgrade, and appears under video effects tab.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 10:31 am
Okay I found it, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it? I even tried a reinstall

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 10:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
open the playlist window in the plugin, then load track by drag'n'drop

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:05 pm
Mine doesn't do anything either. When I click on the karaoke plugin, nothing appears in the plugin window. It's like it's just not there. Any suggestions???

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 4:42 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sounds like the plugin isn't loading then - possibly due to incorrect runtime libraries or something? I had this problem with one of my plugins once, until I remembered I had compiled it under VS2008, so needed to update the runtimes on my DJ laptop.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth a try - you can check the dependancies of a library using this free utility:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/depends22_x86.zip

It should tell you what a file needs, and highlight what is missing/incorrect...

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 6:08 pm
if you have nothing on the screen on this plugin try installing the latest verion of direct x....

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 6:12 pm

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 12:30 am
I'll try the dependency walker and check my directx version, but in the mean time I did get an error that Cue could not find the file d3dx9_33.dll. I believe this is a directx file so I'll update that first and report back.

Thanks!

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 12:40 pm
I installed the missing dll file and now I can see the karaoke plugin! The problem is that I have Vista and DirectX 10, not DirectX 9, so of course I was missing a DirectX 9-only file ;)

Thanks!

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 4:47 pm
Installl DirectX 9 properly, please don't just copy individual DLLs over...

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 1:10 pm
It's only using the one dll file from DX9, and I extracted it from the DX9 Setup, so no harm done here ;)

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 1:36 pm
But DX9 will install fine on Vista, and by installing properly you get the complete package...

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 2:53 pm
I agree...You might avoid other problems by doing the full install rather than having a plugin puke on you live ;)

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 11:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)