Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console & Shoutcast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

reulHome userMember since 2004
2 weeks ago I bought a Hercules DJ Console. Today I wanted to broadcast my internet show by Virtual DJ and the Winamp Shoutcast DSP plugin, but I couldn't get any sound on the internet.

Does anybody know how to stream music with a DJ Console, Virtual DJ and Shoutcast?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 6:17 pm
you need to take the output of vdj and connect it to the line in on your soundcard

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 6:29 pm
goatusHome userMember since 2004
not nessesary.

You can just set the shoutcastDSP plugin to record from "Winamp" input source. Although you are not running winamp.. because VDJ is what is running it, it will grab the output from VDJ itself. So anything u hear from VDJ will be transmitted to your server ;)

clever eh? :)
- goatus

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 11:04 pm
But I also want to talk in my show, and if the settings are set on "Winamp", you can't hear any of my voice.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 7:03 am
And is there also a possibility to add the song titles to the Shoutcast Stream?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 7:41 am
myzticHome userMember since 2004
yes there is, but you have to do it manually. Switch the AutoUpdate of Songs off, then you can write/copy your tracknames into the Shoutcast-Plugin.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 8:59 am
goatusHome userMember since 2004
ahh.. well if you wanna use mic...

ok now i havnt got my dj console yet.. but im sure as it is built as a usb soundcard.. you can use it as the source in shoutcastDSP.

Set SC to source from soundcard input.. now u wanna open up your windows audio volume controls (either double click the icon in the taskbar or get to it through control panel). This will bring up your playback volumes.. click options->properties and switch it over to recording.. and make sure all the channels are ticked. Click ok.. now your recording volume settings should be showing. Now you should be able to find the main recording option.. some times its called "Master Record", "What you hear", "Stereo Mixer" etc. Select this one. Now your recording device should be set to whatever comes out of your speakers.

Let me know how you go.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 2:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)