Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato Vinyl Question Again!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I went through many of the posts, like maybe 100. Maybe the answer to this is in the next 100 I search but what I am wondering is this.

If I use Serato Vinyl how exactly will it function in Virtual DJ. I am in Canada and I have 2 music stores which deal with Numark but none seem to know anything about ordering in the actual vinyl to be used with it even when they contact their Numark support dealer??? Like my understanding from reading some posts is that Serato Vinyl (2nd Ed) in VDJ works like Serato does in relative mode? Is this correct? So no needle dropping? Not that big deal. But then I read something about pitch. Did not really go into detai;. Does the pitch drift or does it just mean its not accurate with that shown on the screen, Also someone posted about it stop working after 15mn - which I assume is minutes. Is this right?

Basically I am looking for me people who actually used VDJ with the Serato Vinyl successfully (or unsucessfully) and want to know what the limitations would be if I decided to go that route.

Thanks for your time.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 3:27 am
Also if anyone has any reference videos of people using Serato Vinyl with VDJ like on YouTube or anywhere else could you post the link. I found nothing but references to the Sound Hub.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 3:31 am

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 11:59 am
As I stated VDJ wax is not available for whatver reason through the local stores I was talking with and looking into it I can order the Nurmark Virtual Vinyl or VDJ Package. My concern is though what happens when my vinyl gets worn out? What then? I understand these forums are for registered users but I also do not want to spend a lot a money on a product that may not work for as well. And its not about being cheap because if I can get it to work I will 100% buy it. I already own FS1 (x2), FS2, Torq, Torq Xponent and I have the regular Serato on layaway. I have been contemplating taking my money off Serato and going with a Video Solution either the 57 SL which is about $1000 more than I wanted to spend or get the same with VDJ but with all the uncertainties I am hesitating on the later. I want to know if I commit to buy that I won;t have all this difficulty finding wax that I have read OR that a plugin will become available through independent developers.

So I 100% down for buying VDJ I just need to know the support is there if I commit because the only way it would suit my needs is through TCVs. If its able yo do this then I agree - I would not regret it.

I hope that explains.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:26 am
PS: I was also looking for a more specific answer as well. Like what does not totally compatible mean. Like what functions can it do. Like I may be able to get by on it until a plugin become available. I really haven't understood what functions are not working as they should? Like I said I am curious to what. Thanks for you time.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:29 am
PSS: I should also mention I looked into VDJ wax from 2 other sources one in the US and one in Europe and I am looking at almost $100 for 2 which is totally absurd even considering shipping. My FS Wax runs me $25 a hit and I even thought that was abit pricey but at least its not a pain to order. IF VDJ wax was easily obtainable I'd take a chance and buy and download the trial to see if it works well.

Once again thanks for listening and helping.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:35 am

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:55 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djkrackajack wrote :
IF VDJ wax was easily obtainable I'd take a chance and buy and download the trial to see if it works well.

They're easy to get hold off. I live in the UK and it only took 3 day's from ordering a pair of VirtualDJ vinyls, for me to have them in my hand. I believe in the US it's about the same amount of time aswell.

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 3:42 am
Maybe somebody can tell me if I'm wrong (cos I don't have serato) but I think they work, but the pitch is off by 3% or something, so you just have to adjust it once in the skin, then you're good to go.

Also, you can buy the VDJ vinyls from this website, they're $15 each. It's that link that somebody posted above, under the "accessories" heading. The have an office in the US now, so they won't be posted from europe.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 5:09 am
"Also, you can buy the VDJ vinyls from this website, they're $15 each. It's that link that somebody posted above, under the "accessories" heading. The have an office in the US now, so they won't be posted from europe."

Well the thing is I'm paying 29 for 2 records + $25 shipping which I think is absurd. Then Euro to Canadian. For 2 pieces of vinyl I am almost paying $80. To me thats not acceptable. As I stated I can get Serato and FS Vinyl Locally and for 2 I am looking at under $50.

Any way the store I deal with is looking into it and they may be able to get me a good deal with VDJ wax and eventually VDJ if it works out. So hopefully I will be a professional user soon, depending whether the the TCVs will work for me.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 6:42 am
By the way, thanks everyone that replied made it a little easier to get things rolling.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 6:44 am
can anyone tell me who virtualdj uses for shipping? I ordered some tcv's last week and the tracking number link doesn't work. Tried ups, usps and fedex... no joy, no vinyl.

thanks,

d

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)