Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What the Hell, i still get skipping. i thought buying this would "FIX" this

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

it seems i was mislead big time

this program that i just paid for runs EXACTLY the same as the "other" one you can "find". i am very dissapointed, and i feel robbed

the program Still Skips even after a brand new clean install of windows XP with nothing on it.

hahahhaa

dude, that blows. and to further hasten my rage, the timecode signal is still right at a whopping 0%...............................................................................................................................................0

so, i get random skips, and uncontrollable pitch at various times.
to top it off, the signal is resting snuggly at 0%, so needle dropping is out of the question.
i Have to click, and re-cue. right in the big middle of my set.

i know alot of you guys have spun shows with this. i saw the scratch video.
my computer is not liking this program though.

how hard can it be to play two MP3s at once???
Dev team better get this shit worked out quick.

this sucks,
can i get my money back?

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 12:42 am

please read the following post about skipping solutions :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1390

remember that VirtualDJ needs a good pc, with good specs.

And skipping could also be caused by shared irq's, specially if soundcard and graphic card share irq.

I dont have ANY skipping problems, and you should not have any too, giving that your pc is at good standards.

Please read the first post about skipping, and check irq sharing

Hopefully this will help you :)

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 10:24 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Geeze......

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 6:23 pm
Maybe I can also reccomend to check out my thread. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6389. Skipping is not the fault of the program. It is some sort of setup in the computer. My issue ended up being the wireless modem conflicting my my soundcard. An IRQ conflict

In order to play without skips I still have to turn off my modems by going into control pannel. Going into network connections. Right clicking on each of my network connections and disabling them. When I want ot go back on the net I enable them again. I had to troubleshoot to find the issue. We have some very knowlegable poeple on this forum that is willing to help. But you have to ive a little to get a little.

I am not a support person but only a user, however I was there too. I always try to lend a hend wherever and whenever I can. I hope you get your problem solved so in the future you can not only enjoy the program as much as i have, but become a part of the VDJ community and help others get the program running strong too. :)

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 6:32 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Post your system specs. We'll try to lend a hand.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 7:02 pm
2700+ amd athlon xp
1 gig RAM (crucial)
ASUS a7n8x Deluxe mobo
maya 44 USB
decent video card (AGP 8x)
80 gig hard drive

windows XP

(i will try, and install win 98, or 2000, and tell you the difference. perhaps XP is to blame)

i forgot to mention that i already reformatted the hard drive, and installed a clean XP Pro.
i have already read all the documents of skipping.
that is why i am contacting you guys.
maybe someone here can give me more info than the rest.
that's what i figured at least

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 7:54 pm
Try using just your main audio card. Does it still skip or only on the MAYA? Maybe uninstall/reinstall the drivers. Maybe there is a conflict similar to the one i had. Possibly the same. Your network connection. My issue happened after a fresh reinstall also. Do you have the latest MAYA drivers from the MAYA website? Just a couple of q's to try to assist.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 8:59 pm

You should not install and older windows!

Windows XP would be the best choice for your PC specs, and 1 gigabyte of ram is PLENTY enough for running VirtualDJ without ANY skips! :) I only have 512 mb ram....

This leads me to be sure that it's one of following :
- soundcard share irq (check irq settings)
- test if there is no skipping with on-board soundcard. In that case, USB controller might share irq.

Skipping with the great pc specs you got, are almost for sure because of irq sharing = skips
Also, try to turn off 3rd party software that might interupt a cleen flow of data, such as anti-virus software

And last but not least, I take it that you have "max load" set at always? You should with your pc specs....

Posted Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 5:53 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is your motherboard flashed to the most modern drivers? Just a theory, but I can see how the USB soundcard could cause a bottleneck if your USB drivers aren't up to snuff. Do you have a lot of USB devices installed?

Posted Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 10:43 am
alright guys/galls i got it working pretty good now. the time signal is at %50 or above all the time.

the trick was returning the maya44 USB as it was the root of the trouble, and i got a m-audio delta 44. the machine works perfectly, and i havent had any hardware malfunction yet. m-audio RULES!
Of Course Virtual DJ is equally amazing, but this card works like a dream with Virtual DJ.
I like it alot!

the one BUG that does happen is when im using time coded vinyls, and i stop the song with the needle resting on the record, i hear pops, and clicks, and the song will slowly move around as if the needle were moving, but its not. the needle is completly still

i call it "ghosting". it only happens when the waveform is displayed (ie sound could be played). the pops are absent in silence. you cant hear em at the "dead" parts.

it doesnt happen until the record slows WAY down, so its not too big of a problem yet.
it will however be a problem in the future, when i really learn how to beat juggle.

this ghosting needs to be fixed.
the needle dropping is decent. could use more work, but gets the job done just fine
other than that, i havent found any problems.
im sure i will though.
im sure i will......

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 11:08 pm
VxLeSTaTxV

Just so you know, I have the same problem with the Delta series soundcards (the waveform slowly moving by itself). I am not sure if the problem is the sound card, but it might be since you are having the same issue as I am. I have already posted about this issue but no solutions have been suggested. Maybe support can look into this problem.

Here is the link to the post I made about this:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=9075

Killabee44

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 12:02 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
2 both of you:
Raise the "silence" in timecode setup until the "static" noise (can be feedback from the cart)
not affect the players in vdj.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 5:27 am
since you guys are talkng about "troubleshooting" maybe i can get a hand...im still waiting for my answer on my "FAQ" now i know this relates to having a previous version on my computer.. but i also had a problem with my direct x there was a driver or something missing so i had to recover the whole computer lastnight hoping i could play on the decks .. i switched to vdj from traktor dj studio and i loved the demo version of your program so i bought and registered a full version and now i am having problems...i keep getting a registry error one for protection error and one for a direct x registry error... maybe someone can help?....im suposed to have a party tonight and i would love to be spinning on VDJ.. =) thanks Thomas a.k.a. DJ B.I.C

Posted Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 4:09 pm
This is the only set by set solution to that problem that worked for me. First let me say that the software is worth my money. Remove the previous installation. Download Directx 9 restart your computer
Install VDJ. When you begin your music don't use your scratch feature or the effects buttons often. For example in you have the a reverb plugin don't remove it after 2 songs and load a other one that is xp.
Then I install windows 2000 professional with service pack 4, download directx9, connected my Dj console now I scractch use unlimted effects no problems. I am not a tech but I think windows xp does not work better than windows 2000 , but that is my opinion you try it and let me know.now I broadcast from my website using my virtual dj mix live and pre recorded hope I help

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 8:32 pm
hey Apopsis: that shit worked. Thanks! sileneced the feedbak, and now the ghosting has stopped

the only complaint now is the quality of the time coded vinyl. i think it could sound more like Authentic vinyl. there is still a digital sound to my scratching that isn't there with my real vinyl. its not too noticable if your not a DJ. but if you know what to look for,... its there.

it's cool though. nothing too big. Ill just use a real vinyl for scratching.

i got another ortofon the other day, and when i did i got to scratch on the CDJ-1000s.
Hahaha,
what a joke. i did not like the scratch mechanics at all. Virtual DJ is way better.

i like the program, and I'm glad i bought it. I can rock doubles of anything now.
not to mention save all my older records from anymore damage.

pretty cool shit.

i would really like the sound quality of the time coded vinyl to be more authentic though.
i know its possible.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 6:52 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
More or less all vinyl software have a bit of digital sound in scratching (final scratch,mixvibes dvs etc)
Its the quality of the algorithm. Vdj is on a good way (i've heard worse..)

About the Pioneer 1000 i agree. Everybody tell me that this thing can scratch like MK2, but when i tried
myself i said... what a joke, this plastic crap..
Been a "scratch dj" myself (Dmc..), nothing can scratch like vinyl.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 9:58 am
Apopsis,

I am still having the problem of the waveform moving by itself with T.C. Vinyl. I tried what you suggested and every other setting. What a pain this is...

Killabee44

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:22 pm
VxLeSTaTxV,

I finally got the waveform to stop moving by itself. Just make sure you hook up the ground wires from your turntables to the casing of your PC and NOT to your mixer like you usually would. This and lowering the gain & silence a bit did it. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 11:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)