Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can a skin for 3 players be made? Dj Format? Anyone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I LOVE Dj Format's VMix 5.3, but I would like to have a 3rd player that is audio only for adding a third set of beats in a mix and continuing it over the entire mix and fade and not have to stop it near the end of song "a" to load song "b" to do my mix.

I was thinking maybe you could add this in as an option in the upper bar where all the "master", Headphone" and "cue" faders are or maybe one of those "interchangeable panels) in the center video screen area. If you had the standard controls (cue, start, pause), some whay to select whether you are syncing the bpm sync to deck A or to Deck B, pitch up and down buttons, pitch bend buttons, the loop buttons 2,4,8,16,32 beats, the 4 cue points and of course a song load area that would really rock.....don't know if it's possible or don't know if I was clear about what I wanted, but if anyone wants to take this on email me at info@BlackBoxxProductions.com to discuss it.

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 7:52 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
No two, or four but three is not possible. Sorry

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 7:57 am
Oaky, can the 4th one be "hidden" or accessed through a pop up window or something so it is out of the way when not needed. I really don't have a need for a 4th player, but if it needs to be there can it be out of the way so to speak?

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 5:58 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TearEmUp forgot to mention that two VDj programs must run simultaneously to have 4 decks,
as one is limited to 2. Which makes it inconvenient for using keyboard shortcuts as they work only
on the active window, and if you don't use external mixer all the deck-related functions have to be
on both instances of the program, as they are independant.

In my opinion, current 'solution' for multi deck mixing is far from practical, there should be a
3 player option in one software.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 4:00 am
Couple of multi instance questions

(1) how do you run 2 instances (is it just a matter of opening the program twice?)
(2) Can you run different skins or do both instances need to be the same skin?
(3) Can you use the same browser window from the first instance to drag and drop songs to the second instance, or do you need both browsers open?
(4) Do the players from the second instance sync to the first instance and if so how do you know which player in the first instance the player in the second instance is syncing to?

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 6:00 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
To run multi instance you can download a multi-instance skin from the skin area.....that is only one skin technically, but it it two instances of VDJ.

Yes, you can sync the instances together in VDJ Config/settings/network tick the correct box for multi-instance. Hope that helps...

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 8:43 am
Hi dj-e-lectric. If you're looking at putting beats into your mixes, have you tried the sampler, rather than having to have a third deck?

I've put a few 16 beat drum loops into mine and it seems to work well. I've got a 140bpm 2-step drum loop which I use over a few 70bpm hip hop tracks to make them more danceable.

The sampler stays in time with the beat-grid of the active deck, so I've put a couple of keyboard shortcuts in so I can move the beat-grid if it's starting to drift off the tempo.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 6:15 am
that's a great idea for "pre sampled beats" but what I like to do is put beats from an old sckool track behind a current song (back in the day we just called it live remixing....I guess today they call that a mashup) and carry the mix over into the next song for a few bars and I don't always know in advance what beats I'm going to use....as it is with two decks I always need to drop the old school track out sooner than I would like so i can load and set up the next song/video I'm mixiing

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 5:01 am
when i run multiple instances, i don't get any sound from either instance - everything goes quiet - any ideas?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 6:32 pm
i'm using a hercules djc mk2 btw

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 7:10 am
livingearth wrote :
when i run multiple instances, i don't get any sound from either instance - everything goes quiet - any ideas?

On both instances of VDJ, try to use the 'Primary sound driver'

then in windows, set your main soundcard to be your Hercules device.

Hope it helps.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 11:37 pm
there's no option for "primary sound driver"....i presume this would be on the sound cards tab under serttings.....on my software it just shows a picture of the hercules

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 2:14 pm
is it able to be networked as two instances on two different computers and still have all the functions work? I never saw the double skin application either.. link me please...

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 2:56 am
I Know someone can create that third player in a skin
i would pay cash if someone will create

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 8:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)