Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Player Status...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. Is there a way to determine when a player is CUE'd ?
I mean DeckInfo[0]->Playing gives me 3 modes: Paused, Scratching and Playing... Is there a way to determine when the player is cue'd (and in which cue if that's also possible)?

Also is there any way to get which (and how many) cues are stored on a loaded track?

I'm writing a mapper plug-in for HC-4500 and I would like to use some of this stuff...

PS: I'm using PCDJ VJ (original purchase) for testing and writing the plug-in if that matters....

Thank you!

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes; DeckInfo->Status will also assist here - it will tell if the deck is unloaded, loading or loaded...

I'm not aware of any way of telling how many cues are stored on a track.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:01 am
I don't get it how it could help...

I mean Ok. Let's say:

DeckInfo[0]->Status=1 (Player Loaded) and
DeckInfo[0]->Playing=0 (Player Stopped)

How can I determine if the player is just paused or if it's cue'd on a CUE-point?

Also for the CUE-Points currently I could use:

DeckInfo[0]->CuePos but it supports only 3 cue-points (CuePos, CuePos2, CuePos3)

I need the info up to five... :(

Also I could even check if PlayPos equals CuePos to "guess" if a player is cued, but as you can understand even if PlayPos equals CuePos and the player is stoped, that doesn't necessarily mean that the player is cue'd.... (If it is just paused, hitting CUE once will CUE the song and won't start playing a sample for instance (CDJ-Mode))

Any more thoughts?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 10:52 am
It's only currently possible to get the positions of cue points 1, 2 and 3.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)