Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Jog and End of track issues.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

craighaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
(nt = no text)

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:18 pm

Hi,

Just started with Hercules/VDJ and loving it - spent a week playing with and setting up a system for a bunch of discos im doing over christmas, ut now having issues.

When I had the left track playing, anytime I flicked the right jog wheel (cueing, any mixing etc), it would effect the left channel. I thought this was just a glitch at first but after trying agin and again (while live!!) I found it would constantly effect the output. It would, as best described, just glitch - sounding shite on the loudspeakers!

I have dedicated a system with the following spec to VDJ...

1.6G P4
512MB
40/160GB Drives - one system one music
Xp with SP1a
System setup according to post on here:-
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8194

Now this does not do the same on another system, same spec, but with no SP, just XP - can recreate time and time again on both machines.

the other thing I noticed was that when one track was right at the end and stoping, it would again 'glitch' the other track...again searched the forum but not seen this issue.

Looking to use the system again on thursday so very keen to get an answer...any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Rgds

DJH

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:33 pm

Hi,

Just started with Hercules/VDJ and loving it - spent a week playing with and setting up a system for a bunch of discos im doing over christmas, ut now having issues.

When I had the left track playing, anytime I flicked the right jog wheel (cueing, any mixing etc), it would effect the left channel. I thought this was just a glitch at first but after trying agin and again (while live!!) I found it would constantly effect the output. It would, as best described, just glitch - sounding shite on the loudspeakers!

I have dedicated a system with the following spec to VDJ...

1.6G P4
512MB
40/160GB Drives - one system one music
Xp with SP1a
System setup according to post on here:-
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8194

Now this does not do the same on another system, same spec, but with no SP, just XP - can recreate time and time again on both machines.

the other thing I noticed was that when one track was right at the end and stoping, it would again 'glitch' the other track...again searched the forum but not seen this issue.

Looking to use the system again on thursday so very keen to get an answer...any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Rgds

DJH

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:38 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
look for any devices sharing an irq with either your usb, soundcard or graphics card these are the most likley cause

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 6:19 am
That problems ocurs i think when the prcesor is overcharged. when the song is being loaded, whens start playing a lot with jog wheels or other buttons and when the track reach the end. is that right?
My opinion is that a 1.6g P4 processor is not enough. Take a look at the performance task on the windows task manager while playing and notice hou often the cpu usage reches the hightest level.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)