Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Worth the switch?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ_lwoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK... I have finally got all the new drivers/firmware updates. My Hercules DJ Console is running smooth and the version of VDJ it came with is great!

Now one question.... is it worth going from the 1.09 DJConsole version to the new Full 2.06? I'm just starting out at gigs and stuff, and so far the 1.09 is doing well. But I'm just curious, what makes 2.06 that much better than 1.09? And although I'm sure it's better does it justify he price of upgrading to 2.06?

Also, for those who have upgraded to 2.06 and are using the console, What changes/problems (if any) are different in 2.06 vs. 1.09? Does the functionality of the console get enhanced? or do you just simply get access to all the skins and effects?

Thanks to all in advance for your replies.

djXe

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 7:51 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it's more than that...

scratch with the joggs...
soundcard configuration...(perfect)
bytheway...the samples and plug-ins are more usefull than you should think...

you have to buy to find out yourself..

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 1:00 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Actually i didnt notice much improvement with the bought version of VDJ, at least the way i'm using it.

Maybe if you want to use TT's with VDJ you'll have to buy it else its not possible to have time coded vinyl support in it.

There have been rumours that Traktor in its latest version 2.6 which will be out in January 2005 will support the HDJC. If you are serious about using the console for gigs i would wait for that date, but that program will cost you at least double the price of VDJ.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 1:02 pm
Its definately better than the bundled version.

i still think scratching with mouse is more accurate than jogs but its nice to have there.

Its worth the cash upgrading to a full version, you get everything with it plus access to all the plugins and stuff.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 1:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)