Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NOT ABLE TO DEFRAG.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After performing all the tweaks suggested on this site tu run VDJ, my computer won't defrag. What did I do wrong? How can I make it do a DEFRAG. again? Thanks.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 6:11 pm
If you can activate defrag manually, but not automatically; you may have "turned off" the task scheduler. If you can't even "force" a defrag by clicking the icon to do so and acticate it manually, you may have a corrupted application.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 6:43 pm
What error msg do you get?

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 4:25 am
I don't get any error messages, it just won't defrag. Like I said before, it all started after following the tweaks advise on this page. The TASK SCHEDULER is set to AUTOMATIC. What else could I've possibly turned off?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 3:27 am
My question to you is this...
IS the utility still on your computer...or did you delete it. Search your HD for the file "Defrag.exe"
See if it is on your system. Are you useing XP? 2000? ME?
Also, you did not answer my first questions. Is the icon there but the program won't run? If so you can do a search to find the program, by right clicking and "find target"

This is a start, I hope it helps.

Ronny582

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 4:25 am
Fixed it. Took me hours but it's fixed. Had to backpedal what I did and enable everything that I had disabled (long list). Thanks for all your help.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 5:39 am
Go here www.blackviper.com you will find out all you need to know about your settings.
Start by setting on safe.This will eliminate all the crap you dont need.
happy reading
Andre

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)