Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2.06 CUTTING MY SONGS SHORT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just downloaded VDJ 2.06 and now have a few problems. First of all it's cutting ALL my songs short. It doesn't let them play all the way to the end. It just doesn't let the song play completly. I will also like to know how to set the same volume level for all my songs. Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 8:15 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
go to FAME ---->AUTO GAIN ---> ALWAYS 0 DB

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 8:21 pm
Did that and it's still doing it. It's EVERY song on my hard drive, just cuts it short. Never had this problem with the previous version. Please help.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 8:41 pm
Does it cut short in automix or just if you put it in a player and hit play? Maybe delete your database and rescan. That does seem very strange.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 11:05 pm
In normal player. When the track is soppoused to be getting towards the end and you see the colors starting to change to yellow, orange and then red, it just cuts it. Like I said before, it does it with every track. I have another computer running version 2.05 with the same tracks and I don't have any problems at all. I tried re-installing the program, spent hours analyzing every song and no luck so far.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 1:38 am
I fixed it but I'm confused. I removed the program from the hard drive, re-installed it and when I scaned the HD for music files I DIDN'T choose to PERFORM AN EXTENDED ANALYSIS OF EACH TRACK. Now they play fine. Before, I had chosen the option to perform the extended analysis, which took half a day to complete. But why? I was under the impression that it was a good thing to do the analysis. I'm going to be very honest with you all, this product still needs a lot of work. I'm very impress with the idea behind the product, that's why I bought it, but everyday is something new that goes wrong. Just look at all the questions on this site. The Tech. support is great and I'm sure that the staff is trying their best to fix every bug on it but nothing beats the reliability of two turntables and a mixer. This product is not reliable at all, otherwise there wouldn't be so many tech. questions on this site. I'm going to keep playing with it and using it (I don't have another choice after selling my turntables on e-bay), but I don't trust it. My trust for it is so bad that I have a ritual before going out on a gig. I sit at home in a quite place, I light two candles and pray to the computer Gods for 30 minutes so that the program doesn't crash. Besides my laptop, I also take a desktop with the program and tracks on it, just in case. Keep up the good work.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 2:40 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Shinobi16 :
at the beginning I had the same sensation but Atomix Team have helped me a lot and I have solved all my problems -
most of the problems are due to a bad configuration of our PCs -
First of all : don't worry ...Vdj works for all of us and it will work for you too -
you must to solve your problems step by step -
1) you need to analyze your songs : scan your hard drive (without extended analysis)
2)in fame choose any music (bpm detect) - go to hard drive (where your songs are) right click and select all - now select all your songs with shift and end buttoms ....right click and analyze and WAIT .

I work everyday with turntables and I haven't any problem - loops ..search ...samples ...load...fx ...
VDJ needs memory (at least 512 mb)
please post here your problems ....one by one

Problem 1 :
Problem 2 :

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 10:12 am
Did that on one off my songs, then played the song used media player it then skipped at that point
so may be related to a currupt mp3 file.
Hope that helps:)

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 3:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)