Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: XML Database file info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm at the moment working on a function to autogenerate playlist in a professional way. The function will work like Pro Music scheduler that radio stations use.

So it will include functions like: rules, extra metadata (Intro, Outro, etc). Artist/genre, rotation/separation. "Clocks" etc.

I use the VDJ database file(s) and also have some other XML files to store the rest. I will also do temp changes to the Database file(s) so that the playlist better work with the automix function for different scenarios.

But some things in the XML file is not 100% clear to me, could someone explain/verify them ?

FirstSeen = ? In what format is this ?

BPM = 60*44100/value ?

SongLength (sec) = Value / 44100 ?

Phase = Sample from start to first beat ? (Value / 44100) (Sec) ?

BeatPhase = ?

Cutstart / CutEnd = ? Sample from start for cut automix ? (Value / 44100) (Sec) ?

Fadestart/ fadeEnd = ? Sample from start for fade automix ? (Value / 44100) (Sec) ?

Realstart = First sample of song ? Isn't this always 0 ?

RealEnd = Why isn't this the same as SongLength, is it to skip silence etc at the end ?

AutoMix Mixtype = 1=none, 2=Smart, 3=Fade(Skip intro/outro), 4=Fade (Keep Intro/outro) ?

Posted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 4:16 am
The function will be something like this. This is one of the best on the market:

Click Me

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 1:36 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jeez pern your gonna have some sleepless nights there mate, why you reading this, get back to work

i wanna be one of the first to try this

Tayla

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 7:37 pm
;-)

It is some work but i have written this kind of software before, but then for radio station automation. I will now take the core concept of how that works and implement it for Dj-use with VDJ.

So how will it work:

The concept is that you add your music library and define a couple of rules on how the generation should work. The better the rules and the music library are, the better the playlist ;-)

The program will be able to generate any playlist length from 2 songs to 2 days (48h). In the rules you can also add on what time it should be used. Like some rules are used at 11PM and others at 3AM etc. With this you can controll the music flow down to every minute for up to 48h.

The rules also have some info about the music. So you will be able to set up diffent rules for different audiences, like Club, Mobile, Wedding, Pub, 80s etc.

After the setup is done, you just click one button and it will autogenerate a complete playlist for you, modify it manually if you want or use it as is. And you don't have to use the automix function, you could see it as help function to choose music.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 2:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)