Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Yellow Question Marks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why do you have to analize every song to make it be able to play? Why aren't playlists made in other programs compatible? This is my biggest problem with Virtual DJ.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:51 am
hi

files need to be analyzed to find the right BPM, CBG and gain for the song.
this is all needed dj features for playing mp3's.

As of playlist, I'm not sure what you mean. I can open my playlists in Windows Media Player, and they work fine

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:02 pm
What I mean is, I rip CDs with Winamp and Musicmatch and the playlists I save can't be played in Virtual DJ. The tracks are shown, but yellow question marks go next to them.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 12:16 am
QUIV3RHome userMember since 2006
Likewise I can play my mp3's in any media player except virtual dj which has yellow question marks next to them? Whats that all about?

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 1:09 am
Okay, I am just a trial user, but come on guys, I even get it. Does winamp beatmatch your MP3s? How about Musicmatch? How about Windows Media Player? Do any of those programs adjust output so they all match on volume, regardless. Can you change the tempo or pitch of a song, or scratch with Windows Media player? Do you think that technology is just "magic"?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but advanced DJ programs need a bit more information about your MP3's than does Winamp, Windows Media Player, Music Match, or iTunes... etc.... If you would like Virtual DJ to not have to scan anything, then maybe a developer can take a little extra time, and make you a "special" version that does not need that information, and can't change the tempo, or beatmatch, or change pitch... :)

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 1:35 am
What you can do, is do a scan of all of your MP3 files once, and save. That will speed things up. Don't know how? Do some reading.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 1:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)