Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 stops playing when using BCD3K's ASIO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I'm using VDJ 5.0 and a BCD3000 and after a few minutes of playback the audio just stops and the programs freezes. I noticed that this happens when ever I select the BCD3k's"ASIO" driver under the audio settings of VDJ. If I select any other options other than "ASIO" everything works ok but then I'm not able to use the headphone jack of the BCD properly. Anyone has any ideas on how to make the asio of the bcd work properly? should I download asio 4 all? would it work ok? Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:47 pm
I'm having the same issue...the program doesn't freeze tho. you can still adjust things, but the play functions won't work regardless if you're using the controller or the mouse. I had it working at one point and then I thought it would stay the same after I shut down and turned my computer back on again'....I was wrong. lol. I'm also using the 3k and VDJ5. Let me know if u find a fix but the asio 4 all driver only allows basic output without headphones...I've tried.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 11:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 5:55 am

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 1:24 pm
Here's my dilemma with purchasing the software. you just had a registered user say he was having the same issues. You say nothing to help him. I don't make any money doing djing, in fact I spend more and more on it but I do not have a lot of money to spare on such things. I would like to spend the money and get the registered version but I also want a fully operational controller to use with it. I'm using the Behringer BCD3k which I purchased on a budget and I admit that but if I'm going to save up for a solution to this issue, should I even bother purchasing the full virtual DJ program if it's not even going to work with the drivers and I'll be told to talk to behringer about it. I've dealt with companies like this before. They want you to spend $300 on a program that doesn't work and they'll just come out with a new version 3 months later to make you spend more money. VDJ5 is already in revision 7, how many more until a new version comes out that people are going to have to pay for an upgrade on? If you can support anything with us unregistered users, it would be greatly appreciated which even if you can point me to some examples between "cracked" and "not cracked" versions fixing issues, I would love to see the results but as it stands right now, I'm looking for a different controller that will work better such as the mk2 but that will eat up the $300 I will have to save to get VDJ5 legitimately. Up to you guys to admit that there's a flaw in the programming that can be resolved which would require me to purchase a different midi controller or don't say anything like you always have and I'll just look for a different program that I can try before I buy.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 1:13 am
oh, and a P.S.: Using my version of the software, not only have I been able to broadcast to a shoutcast server that I almost started paying for but I've managed to get the headphone jack working with cue up if only for a minute. ASIO drivers work for 1-2 minutes and the BCD3000 drivers work the same but they both allow headphones separate from master out. ASIO4All drivers work longer but only master out works. Simple sound card works for 15-20 minutes and then the program lags the audio to nothing. 4 channel sound card works the same but with master out working only. If I use my main sound card only, it will play endlessly without flaws. I did find one solution on your website that was helpful and that was the latency issue causing crackling when making adjustments. I'm done ranting now :)

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 1:21 am
VDJ and BCD3000 don't go togheter. I have tried all different setting and it just wont work for more than 10 minutes. What a waste of my money.

Posted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 12:42 am
it work with no problem if you buy VDJ i got a BCD3000 and everything is fine

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 12:42 pm
ChodHome userMember since 2007
It works perfectly. Just turn off your wireless internet hardware ;)

Posted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 4:30 am
So what is the verdict on this controller? I have vdj pro 5. Using dac with soundcard .I want to upgrade to an all in one controller. This is not a bad price. Are they dependable?

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 3:14 pm
I too have the 3k with the latest version of VDJ...mine stalls then shuts-down. Not good considering I DJ live at weddings (embarissing & frustrating). VDJ stalls even if the 3K isn't hooked up. I'm starting to look at other options for a midi controller and software. Sorry to say it guys, but I need something I can rely on.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 6:00 pm
ok guys gals > DJ's
if youre usin the BCD2000/3000 with VDJ and it freezes up
1. Download DPC Latency Checker (its free)
2. If youre using an Nvidia integrated video card on your laptop (like my Dell E1705) Go to the hardware manager and disable the video card.
Not to worry you will still be able to see, however everything goes native big, and un-colorful. Oh well youre looking at VDJ not anything
else.
3. Run the latency checker before you do this, and after you do this, you should see an incredible difference in the latency spikes
4. Next if on Vista disable the UAC, ( the thing that darkens your screen and asks naggingly if you are sure you want to do something), as
this program immediately pauses the computer, and anything already running(ie. VDJ, and the ASIO sound driver)
5. If you can bare it, also uninstall any software that pops up, nags, etc like messengers, antivirus, firewalls, (see where im goin with this)
Notice you are attempting to be a DJ not a computer power user anymore ( would you put your turntables and CD players on the
internet while youre trying to play music on it?
6. ENjoy hopefully this works for most of you. It did for me and I have incredible stability now.

DJ GrooveD > Trance Radio Okinawa

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 1:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I hate to say it, but I've never really read a single positive thing about the BCD range.

If your computer is freezing without the BCD connected, then you have other issues that need to be looked into :)

The majority of users manager to work without crashes or freezes.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:59 am
mr moderator, all,

I posted alot of items in here about my dell vs BCD3000. I have had these as a duo for a year now and found one thing that sums it all up.
Turn on whatever you want (software wise), and just disable the battery control. Tested and surefire! I haven't had an audio break since. and I have left it in loop for about 6 hours un-attended Virtual DJ thank you for an incredible product! I love the visual design coupled with the sound output. VDJ6 trial was even better built! thank you and I do plan on purchasing the Pro soon!!

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 3:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)