Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0.7 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Jimmy B,

Thanks for your help.
It works with log the way you told here.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 4:54 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

@djanthony

That was a good guess wasn't it. No, tried it on Tuesday when I was testing.

No luck for me, nevermind.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 5:37 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jimmy b wrote :

It's on the right hand side of the "bullseye" at the end of the search bar.

Have you tested your MK2 out yet, with this new rev, I have and it's pants, is yours any good.

Jimmy b

Any joy with MK2 yet? I am at work but plan to test it out later this evening when I go home. I have played with all versions of 5.0 since it came out but as yet I still use the edition that was bundled with the controller for live gigs as I had stability and performance issues with 5.0 and didn't feel brave enough to risk a crash at a live gig! :)

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:41 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I would say try it, it might be good for you.

but I'm happy with rev6.

I know what you mean with the console edition, solid as a rock. I have it on my lappy just in case it all goes pear shaped.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
The SlideShow plugin was created by a USER and not the Atomix Development team.

I owe everyone an apology as I incorrectly stated that the SlideShow plugin was not an Atomix developed plugin.

If you are having issues with the SlideShow plug, please use the Plugins section of the forum to report those issues.
I, myself; will go take a look at what has been reported so far.

And, sorry for the inaccurate communication.

cstoll

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:38 pm
cstoll wrote :
cstoll wrote :

I owe everyone an apology as I incorrectly stated that the SlideShow plugin was not an Atomix developed plugin.

If you are having issues with the SlideShow plug, please use the Plugins section of the forum to report those issues.

cstoll

Hey, no biggy. I made mistake one time, but that person is dead, so it doesn't count anymore. Thanks for the correction, that's more important.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:48 pm
Thanks for the answer Jim, must admit I totally drew a blank so well done for working it out. I have to say with a big job on this Friday I'm quite scared if anything goes wrong it would finish me so I'm going to re install rev 6

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 4:15 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The slideshow is awful, mainly because it (like the videos) can't maintain the aspect ratio of anything.

It'd be slick to enhance it so that you could have fancy animated transitions and stuff like some image viewers I've seen.

Probably off topic, but has the dev team ever considered having the video engine support maintaining the aspect ratio, like any free or consumer video playback software out there? It's really annoying to download some nice widescreen video and then watch some streched out chicks that look double their real width dancing around in bikinis or whatever :P
I know that there's a plugin that allows manual adjustment of the width and height, but it's not really practical to have to adjust for every single song. If there was a way to zoom into a video and fix the aspect ratio to a customized amount, and then have the VDJ save that setting, that'd help a lot.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:06 pm
I agree Supacon. Thanks for the update Dev team. I know you guys are working your asses off over there. Can't wait for 5.1!

Did you guys notice that when you put a song in the deck, it doesn't change the "Last Played" time right away? Very cool. Thanks for listening to all of our requests Dev Team!

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 8:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
cstoll wrote :

cstoll

A new SlideShow plugin was released today ;-)

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:47 pm
on the karaoke plugin..is there a way to eliminate the singer displayed on the screen after the song starts as it seems at times to interfere with the songs graphics being displayed...other than that a great addition to vdj....:)

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 5:59 pm
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
I can't find the virtualDJ folder that is suppose to have the .txt files of requested songs. When I typed in a title with no results I place the cursor over the symbol mentioned in the manuel. The bullseyes reacts when the cursor moves over them but the middle symbol of the plus sign and page stays faded. Another words...It ain't Working.
Any ideas?

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 2:42 pm
Just click on the graphic and it writes it to a SearchLog.txt file in your My Documents -> VirtualDJ or Numark CUE folder

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:04 pm
Uhm... about that new SBDJ_Slideshow plugin - I get no controls or anything for it in the FX pannel, and I can't activate it. Am I doing something dumb? I did just install the directX web update from Microsoft, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

I don't know if it's related, but now my Text2D plugin doesn't seem to show anything on the screen. No errors... I still get all the controls for that, etc. For the new Slideshow, there are no controls no text, no nothing, but it still shows up in the Video FX.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:10 pm
Supacon wrote :
Uhm... about that new SBDJ_Slideshow plugin - I get no controls or anything for it in the FX pannel, and I can't activate it. Am I doing something dumb? I did just install the directX web update from Microsoft, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

I don't know if it's related, but now my Text2D plugin doesn't seem to show anything on the screen. No errors... I still get all the controls for that, etc. For the new Slideshow, there are no controls no text, no nothing, but it still shows up in the Video FX.

It is working fine here

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:14 pm
Don't know if it matters, but I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 4:40 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Supacon wrote :

i also had the problem with no controls and i had the directx9 installed. i went back to the site ane re-installed directx9 and it installed another bit to it and it worked :D

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 5:53 pm
That web installer refuses to do anything since I've already installed it, but I suspected that was the problem.
I'll see if I can make it work...

I wonder if this is because I manually installed certain dlls before I ran the full updater.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:25 pm
new mk2 drivers / firmware. make sure you have 2007_CMK22_2.exe as your update from www.hercules.com

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:44 pm

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 8:23 pm
63%