Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Advertising Plugin Idea!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How's this for an idea, A plugin that detects when a new video has just been crossfaded in, and while the beginning of the new track is playing, a presettable number of slides from a folder are played, then video is returned to the new track. The plugin would need to remember what the last slide was (so it plays the next in line for the next video, not the same 5 slides everytime), have a preset for how many slides to play, and a preset for how long to show each slide.

Detection of a new track could be done the same way DJ Cels text 2d plugin reads the title, and when the title changes, switch to slides. In reality it would be better if the slides started as soon as the video crossfader starts to move, so people dont see the beginning of the next video for a few seconds then see it switch to advertising.
Fade transitions from video one, to the slides, between the slides, and then from the last slide back to video 2 would be a bonus.
Also a setting that allows you to "Display" every 2, 3 5 ect songs would be a bonus, so your ads are played between every say 3 songs, instead of between EVERY track, would be a helpful feature. This would be good for those that dont want to smother their customers with ad's between every song, or those DJs that dont have many ad's, and dont want people to keep seeing the same 2 ads between every song.

I think this would be an awesome plugin to create, and venue owners would love it, as drink specials ect would pop up for a few moments between every song, and the DJ wouldnt have to do anything at all aside from populate a foder with either advertising, or photos of the clubgoers.

Ulimately I would be a great plugin to include with VDJ, as it would be a great advertising point.

Wish i was smart enough to write the darn thing, anyone want to have a go?

Posted Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 8:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Once I've finished the modified slideshow plugin, this plugin could easily be coded based on that ;)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 9:42 am
Ohh, Ohh, Your my new best friend! =)

Kym

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 9:28 pm
Now that would be a sweet plugin. Great Idea

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 10:11 pm
nuniHome userMember since 2008
kj

Posted Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 3:11 pm
nuni wrote :
kj

Huh????

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 3:56 am
Pleeeeeese. =)

The boss is now on my back as my slideshow plugin had 400 photos, and 10 ads, thus he wants more advertising on the screens. not really fussed if plugin detects new track, a simple timer for to show X slides every X min would be awseome.

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 3:12 pm
I'll add it to the v2 of the slideshow plugin - how does this sound?

Specify a seperate folder with ads in, and then how often you would like the ads?

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 7:27 pm
Sounds awesome. would a stripped down version, with a different name be a good idea? keep the aspect ratio correction, but im just thinkin it would need to be left "on" to run at the specified times, where many people would want a separate plugin that can be applied to audio only tracks. IE, "Slideshow" that is for audio only tracks that would be V2, and "Slideshow Ads" that is left running all the time to just dump the ads over the top of the current video after the set delay, with a setting to tell it how many slides to play before dissapearing again.

Also you may have noticed that VDJ loses a amount of video quality when you add an extra plugin, is there a way to create the plugin so if its not showing anything (normal video) it becomes completely transparent? Cels transition randomiser does nothing to the video stream, but still creates a slight blur to it.

Thanks Again.

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 1:25 pm
I'll have a look :)

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 5:06 pm
Thanks Scott, The invisible option is not a priority , just a nice touch.

The moment you have a beta for me to try let me know, it will get bossy britches off my back! :-)

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 9:39 am
great idea...

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 6:28 am
Nightlife (screenplay) Jukebox has a feature similar to this only it plays the slides over the end of the video instead of the new video, and for me that woul dbe the prefered way to do it...of course in autoplay mode it knows when the video is ending when in real mixing mode the program has no way to know when you are going to start your mix.

As it is now I just click the slideshow plug-in several seconds before my mix when I want to show the ads.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 5:59 am
Yes, agreed, and thats where I got the idea, and also the reason why I didnt try to make the plugin play at the end of tracks.

Posted Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 7:50 am
SBDJ, any update on the progress of the slideshow v2 and this addition? I heard you had some health problems with your son, sorry to hear about that. Hope all is getting better now.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 09 @ 3:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)