Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Parser file has some minor issues...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys,

I was wondering if you noticed that the new parser file (by DJ Speedland) puts everything after a dot (.) in the trackname side. Like this:

Artist: T.I.
Trackname: Let's get away

gets renamed as:

Artist: T.I
Trackname: - Let's get away

Also, tracks like:

Artist: Alicia Keys ft. Usher
Trackname: My Boo

gets renamed as:

Artist: Alicia Keys ft
Trackname: Usher - My Boo

So, everything to the right of the dot is seen as the trackname by the Parser. I can take out the dots in all my tracks, but that would be kind of awkward.

Would it be possible to correct this issue? DJ-in-Norway, you helped me with the idea of using the parser... have you ever run into this?

Also, has anyone used the Virtual DJ ID3 tag parser? The one that allows VDJ to use the id3 tags. Has anyone had any issues with it? I am about to try it, but just thought I'd ask.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 4:03 am
Well, it looks like the ID3 tag Parser works fine but is slow when switching folders. Really annoying. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed it up?

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 4:44 am
The id3v2 parser also causes the players to freeze for a sec when you are doing loops and switching folders. It just makes VDJ work way harder. Freezing is not something I want to see at a gig.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 5:04 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
If your files are already in this format: Artist - track.mp3
try to live without the parser, it's so much faster.
Right click on a file in the list (file info) can show you id3 tag info for that file.
Its just my advise.

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 9:55 am
Apopsis,

The reason I started to use the parser is that VDJ renames tracks like Jay-Z and gets confused with the dash ( - ). Now the New parser just has this minor issue.

If there is no workaround I'll just delete all the dots off my tracks. That will take a while with thousands of tracks.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 9:36 pm
Put ( ) around what you want to be in the artist row like this:

(jay-z)99 problems

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 9:29 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have no problem with the new parser; neither with "-" or with "."; for example:

L.A. Work - James Brown Is Dead {1991}.mp3
//-> Displayed correctly

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 1:08 pm
me neither... the parser works just fine here...

It accepts dots and all...

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 2:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)