Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: OK - Getting somewhere now

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I've got my head around how the SDK works now and how I can intergrate stuff.

Back to basics - the code (for a transition) compiles nicely enough with no errors and I add it to VDJ transition folder and it shows up on the list but when I click on it nothing appears in the info box and it wont select as a plugin...

This is my first attempt at working code and should just render the right deck regardless of fader position can you advise whats wrong pls!

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

#include <windows.h>
#include "vdjVideo.h"

// You define your own class which inheritates of the class IVdjPluginVideoTransition:
class MyPlugin : public IVdjPluginVideoTransition
{
public:
HRESULT __stdcall Compose(int crossfader,HRESULT(__stdcall *RenderSurface[2])(),TVertex *vertices[2]);
HRESULT __stdcall OnGetPluginInfo(TVdjPluginInfo *infos);

private:
};
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HRESULT __stdcall DllGetClassObject(const GUID &rclsid,const GUID &riid,void** ppObject)
{
// This is the standard DLL loader for COM object.
// You don't need to change anything in this function.
if(memcmp(&rclsid,&CLSID_VdjPlugin,sizeof(GUID))!=0) return CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE;
if(memcmp(&riid,&IID_IVdjPluginVideoTransition,sizeof(GUID))!=0) return CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE;
*ppObject=new MyPlugin();
return NO_ERROR;
}
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HRESULT __stdcall MyPlugin::OnGetPluginInfo(TVdjPluginInfo *infos)
{
infos->Author="iKutZ";
infos->PluginName="Ultimate Transition";
infos->Flag=0;
return S_OK;
}
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HRESULT __stdcall MyPlugin::Compose(int crossfader,HRESULT(__stdcall *RenderSurface[2])(),TVertex *vertices[2])
{
RenderSurface[1]();
return S_OK;
}

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 5:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have directly modified your code. Try it now with a VirtualDJ with a version>=4.1

You have to know that the transition doesn't work for the extremity of the crossfader (0 & 4096)

Posted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 12:31 pm
Very aware crossfader has no action... Just need help with getting past the code and being able to compile transition effects. but more and more is working now....

I have to do simple tests for variable manipulation in console apps but this is the first time I have tried to do somthing worth while with programming. Had allot of experience with web based langauges and am particualry good with actionscript.

Thanks for taking time to help..

IK

Posted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 4:51 pm
Awsome works a treat... Its easier to see if I go wrong now as I can introduce one thing at a time and if it doe'snt work i know why its not working...

Cheers again...

IK

Posted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 5:10 pm
I have successfully replicated the kut transistion and am now attempting the scratch one.

Having some working code made this a whole heep easier

IK

Posted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 2:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)