Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What is being done?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1. So what is being done about fixing the cue monitor not working with VDJ?

2. What about the problem of VDJ not recognizing the HDC controller?

3. Who is addressing this problem?

Latest hercules drivers info

Contents:
Bulk Driver Version 1.8.0.0
ASIO Driver Version 1.8.0.0
Firmware Version 35
Control Panel Version 1.1.0.17

Changes:
- Totally new ASIO drivers.
- Two modes (Normal and DJ): ASIO is now a subset of DJ mode.
- Users can choose whether headphones clone Output 1-2 or Output 3-4 in DJ Mode, a feature also available in ASIO mode.
- Talkover attenuation is now a 100% hardware solution, as opposed to a software solution in the previous driver package.

Posted Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 4:19 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sadly apparently nothing, except ignoring your post.

I'm also quite unsatisfied with the way VDJ development staff as well as the one from Hercules leave their customers alone. I also wonder very much why in the latest release of VDJ 2.06 AGAIN it is claimed that ASIO is supported but actually it is NOT working just as in the previous version!

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 12:14 pm
@Sharan

I can assure you that no post are ignored :)

Look to the fast development and history of VDJ... NO other program is developed in the fast speed to the needs of its users .... If you ask me, dev team is doing a GREAT job, and the needs and wants of Wireless will surely be adressed ;) don't worry

;)

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 2:35 pm
Can we get around the bug in the new Hercules driver?

I really appreiciate it

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 3:23 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using the latest drivers and everything is working for me except the ASIO, which plays at 48khz instead of 44.1khz, making everything sound high pitched. From the other post I wrote (where Hercules explain why there is no 44.1khz ASIO support in the HDJC) it looks like the only option would be for VDJ to do some on-the-fly downsampling. Not sure how possible that is.

It's a similar story with the Audigy soundcards I think.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 1:01 pm
If this is so , why does Traktor play tracks in ASIO mode at normal speed ?
Also using the HDJC at 48khz ??

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 12:45 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No idea as I don't have Traktor. Is there something in VDJ that assumes stuff will be 44.1khz?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 1:51 pm
I'm not an expert on this tech-stuff, but usually audio files are played at 44.1khz Except maybe DVD audio.

The Hercules ASIO driver - or VDJ reacting to the ASIO driver - somehow lets the Console play at 48khz, which results in a faster playback as the track originally should be.

Strange is that an older 2.x version of Traktor that i have can utilize ASIO with the Console at normal speed. Also there are MIDI presets (you can download from the Hercules website), so the Console buttons work with Traktor.
Bad thing is that the jog-dial doesnt work and its running unstable, so that after a while the program crashes. At least this is so on my system.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 4:42 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thats to do with traktor converting the audio from 44.1khz to 48 khz in software before sending the audio to be processed, thus not being true ASIO, as this driver base was designed to run without any of thoes other conversion to improve latency...
it is probabbly possable for the team to add a realtime (or close to) samplerate converter to make this run correctly...

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 6:11 am
What about the cue monitor on the Hercules

do you all have that working?? Mine doesnt work all the time

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 12:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)