Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Timecode plugin development - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

KhyewHome userMember since 2008
Addendum: ignore the "let's make this sucker go at 1x speed for now" comment. That clearly should state "2x speed" instead.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 9:56 pm
Someone help this guy out with everything he needs. I have been trying unsuccessfully for three months now to purchase Virtual dj or Numark vinyls here in New Zealand. Why are they so bloody hard to get - its ridiculous!! Yet I can buy Serato vinyls in fifty different colours from every street corner. OK slight exaggeration but you get the idea...

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 1:59 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
musicalcheers wrote :
Someone help this guy out with everything he needs. I have been trying unsuccessfully for three months now to purchase Virtual dj or Numark vinyls here in New Zealand. Why are they so bloody hard to get - its ridiculous!! Yet I can buy Serato vinyls in fifty different colours from every street corner. OK slight exaggeration but you get the idea...

Serato headquarter is settled in New Zealand so of course, you will easily find Serato vinyls overthere ;-)

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 11:34 am
plus Torq or everything else ...except anything that will work with Virtual dj.

You're right, maybe everyone down under that wants to use vinyl timecode should just buy Serato??? :(

Dont get me wrong, I love virtual dj and am still discovering great new things I can do with it but I dont understand why tc vinyls are so hard to get (not just here either - the forums are full of people with the same problem). This plugin would solve the main reason that experienced djs would not buy it in favour of Serato yet it doesnt seem to be a priority for the developers. But what would I know, I'm just a dumbass would be dj from the bottom of the world...

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 2:49 am
musicalcheers wrote :
it doesnt seem to be a priority for the developers.

Something to clarify here:

Atomix Productions will never develop such Serato plugin because Serato timecode is a copyrighted one (the noisemap part so the absolute mode). Atomix Productions has only opened his timecode management in order to let other companies to add their timecode plugin or to customize the use of the timecode

However, users are free to develop one plugin for themselves and we have one user who made it for serato. That's all

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 1:07 pm
Oh ok - that explains it for sure. Thanks.

Has someone already got this working for Serato timecode vinyl?

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 2:54 pm
Two questions:

1) You can't copyright the method of decoding a time-coded vinyl nor the time code itself, only a specific implementation of this decoding process (which is covered by code copyright). IANAL, but I'm pretty certain copyrights apply only to creative works such as film, music, literature, and computer source code.

2) Is anyone going to answer my question?

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 10:56 pm
I need to learn to proof-read before hitting "post". Apply the following regular expression to the above post: s/questions/things/

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 10:57 pm
*bump*

any developer want to pitch in? I need the help to continue working on the Serato plug-in.

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 2:56 pm
Khyew wrote :

HRESULT __stdcall CSerato::Decode(int *buffer, int nb) {
// let's make this sucker only go forward at 1x speed for now
LastSyncCode += 2*nb;
Direction=1;
DeltaPosSinceSync = 2*nb;
UnsyncedLength=0;
SilenceLength=0;

sprintf(msgbuf, "DEBUG: LastSyncCode %i, nb size %in", LastSyncCode, nb);
OutputDebugString(msgbuf);
return S_OK;
}

buffer is a signed 32bits interleaved stereo buffer of nb stereo incoming samples

So you can define two new sound buffers of nb/2 samples:
int LeftChannelBuffer[nb/2];
int RightChannelBuffer[nb/2];

where:
LeftChannelBuffer[j]=buffer[ i]
RightChannelBuffer[j]=buffer[ i+1]

(for i=0 to nb-1)
(for j=0 to nb/2-1)

LastSyncCode += nb/2;

DeltaPosSinceSync += nb/2;

It's speed=x1

LastSyncCode += nb;

DeltaPosSinceSync += nb;

It's speed=x2 (you have to set the pitch on the skin to -50% to get speed=1x)

LastSyncCode += nb/4;

DeltaPosSinceSync += nb/4

It's speed=/2 (you have to set the pitch on the skin to +100% to get speed=1x)

In clear, you can write
float speed;

LastSyncCode += nb/2*speed;
DeltaPosSinceSync += nb/2*speed

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 6:48 am
When you say: "DeltaPosSinceSync += nb/2*speed" don't you mean "DeltaPosSinceSync = nb/2*speed"? Unless the variable is horribly mis-named, DeltaPosSinceSync should be the delta or change since the last valid position code. Assuming we just want the record to move forwards at at the speed set by the variable "speed", LastSyncCode should be incremented by nb/2*speed to provide the new absolute position, but DeltaPosSinceSync should only ever be nb/2*speed since that's the number of samples the song should move forward by.

My Decode method still isn't moving the song forwards when timecode plugin is loaded and activated on the deck. I can confirm that LastSyncCode is being modified correctly through debug output. I don't need to write my own Engine plugin, do I? Using the built-in VDJ timecode Engine should work?

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 2:34 pm
Cancel that. My decode method is working fine now. I had a brain-fart involving re-declaring member variables in my plugin class..

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 10:01 pm
nishyHome userMember since 2007
hi i dont know any of this develpment of plugin stuff but has anybody made m-audio torq conectiv timecodes work with virtual dj? if so can someone sendit to me or put it on rapid share or something please?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 7:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Pluggin are only available to licensed users of VirtualDJ, anyone caught passing pluggins or skins to a non-licensed user risks loosing their rights here and getting their accounts locked..... please support this software by purchasing a licensed version..thanks for your understanding....

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 7:30 pm
An update on my Serato plugin development efforts:

I've managed to get absolute tracking implemented (needle dropping works fine) with only a few bugs, such as the beginning of the record not being aligned with the very beginning of the song. For some reason though I still haven't been able to get reverse tracking working- an invalid time code is returned by my plugin with every attempt to play the record in reverse.

Also, my plugin needs to be a bit more forgiving with respect to noise and error- it currently makes no attempt to discard strange-looking time codes and simply hands them to the timecode engine without incident. This leads to unacceptable jumps throughout the track occasionally as a sequence of incorrect (yet perfectly valid) bits are read from the time code.

I'm getting close. Perhaps another marathon coding session next weekend (and a look at the xwax project's new version's codebase) and I'll have something worthy of showing.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 6:49 pm
dj fandosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I test the new dll serato? Where can I download it?

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 4:02 pm
The plugin cannot be released at this time due to legal issues. It is also in a relatively unusable state, so you're better off using VirtualDJ's native timecode signal processor and simply coping with its faults right now.

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 12:42 pm
Noisemap is now supported in VirtualDJ v5.1

Best regards

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 4:44 am
Hello i am very interessed by your serato pluging.
I own 2 tc serato and i am going to buy vdj pro and i want to use tc serato !!!
Can you send me a copy of your plugins ?
My email addresse is --@--.--
Thanks

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Anderson_noise no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:43 am
--Moderated by Lady Cameron<i>Sorry Anderson_noise no email address is allowed from a demo user</i>

...and moderated again by SBDJ - don't keep editing your post to put your email back in - get the hint ;)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:44 am
98%