Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Is This Possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chibieCUE userMember since 2007
What I would like to do is use the clipbank to post promos, messages, etc as usual... but, have the capability to have a smaller window in a corner displaying the current music video being played as the clipbank message is being displayed. It is a great effect and looks very professional.

I saw another VJ do this with a separate video mixer and laptop but I am guessing this could be accomplished with VDJ with a plug in.

Please let me know if this is possible and I will try to figure it out unless someone else has an answer already.

Thanks,

HOP

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:05 pm
Try DJ Cels, Text 2d. It will allow you to post the currently playing track, the current time, scroll the text anywhere you want it, enven make it flash to the beat and gives you ten "Slots" to do all this in, and then save it for later use.

Another nice touch is the ShowCover plugin, that wil allow you to show the cover ove the current track if you have them loaded in VDJ. Size and location is all user ajustable, and you can set it to show the cover and then fade out, everytime a new track comes on.!

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 2:53 am
Thanks for the reply!

I am not interested in displaying text... I want to show the actual video but in a smaller window over the clipbank message. (Sorta like picture-in-picture on alot of consumer television)

Please let me know what you think.

HOP

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 4:01 am
one thing that I like doing is taking the PROMO MPEG and using something like slide(3d) or any other transition that looks good for the affect. Another thing I do is take all the promo DVD from the bar and rip them so I can edit them.

Example: extreme skiing by GO FAST and I will edit the action and stop it in the middle of the action. Now I have a liquor sale promo captioned in. I create several of these and put them in the clip bank. BAM - something creative and new. The vendors love it and it take me about 15 minutes of work. Every weakend I can have a new set to display with about 1 hours work.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:49 pm
Thanks for the tips...

An Idea, could the ShakerSquare Plugin be modified to have the option to show player 1, player 2 or main video out? This plugin would be perfect for what I want to do if I had an input option because I can create a static window but it only effects main video out as of now.

Thanks,

HOP

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 11:47 pm
Finally figured out a solution... If I use the backdrop plugin, I can resize the main output to a smaller window and I can display announcements, etc through pre made bit map screens. I won't have animation but it will work!

Fatkatz... what are you using to edit your promo DVD after ripping? This is new to me.

HOP

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)