Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Titler effect fix? Or new title effect on the way?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

turnipHome userMember since 2007
Hello all.

I have been using the trial version and found that this software meets all my needs, but before I hand over my cash I just need to find out if anything is being done to sort out the titler effect?

I can see that many people use the programme professionally but I use it for home use only as a sort of 'Video jukebox' (yes I am Mr Automix sit back and enjoy person) The titler effect is one of the things on my wish list.

The titler was described as an MTV style title effect, but this titler stays on the screen. I used trial ver4.3 which has basic text without a background colour (it stayed on the screen though) but I would rather use the old titler without a big yellow brick on my videos

So here's what I thought would be best

Video starts...

2? seconds later title appears in either old 2d title or flys on mtv style

5? seconds later is fades or fly off mtv style

15? seconds before end of song it does the same as above

Is this possible, being worked on, or anybody want to try and produce something??

Thanks for reading

Hope you can help

All input greatly received

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:44 pm
Anybody please?

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 2:07 pm
keep in mind that the majority of plug-ins is created by users like you and me. So modification to suite a particular person is not always the easiest thing to do. If you like VDJ that much and something like a simple affect is going to turn you off from purchasing the software. I would suggest asking more questions because sounds like something else is holding you back.

We hope to see you as a pro member soon.

get down off the fence because it hurts when you loose your balance.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 5:35 pm
There is also an overscan issue with the title plug that causes the left edge to be cut off. I do agree with your ideas, about timings, but in a live dj enviroment, how would VDJ know when the end of the song was comming as the DJ may mix out before the end of the song. Or the title may come up due to the end of the song coming, then get cancelled, as the dj mixes out right in the middle of the title display.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The only way I could see for it to possibly work on mixing in would be crossfader linked, for example showing 10 seconds after 100% crossfade to one channel?

The mixing out titling would be much much harder to do, and I can't really think of a practical way - except possibly having a "previous track" and "current track" in the titler, or a quick show and go relative to crossfader speed, but that then messes up with quick stabs or changing your mind LOL.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 12:40 am
I would think that in the beginning of the song XX seconds into the song would be good enough HOWEVER this plugin would have to be customizible (spelling) for the guys who have different vid card settings. I think if we were able to move it to where we think it should be on the screen then it would be all good. I cant use the Titler as my words are cut off on the left side as well.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The only problem I see personally with xx seconds into the songs are those where you mix from cue points further into a song, to miss an intro etc... the potential length could vary quite a lot?

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 2:03 am
Don't get me wrong, the current titler is nearly there, what I was asking in my original post was more of a 'wishlist'

I would be happy with the current titler if it would dissappear after displaying, insteading of just sliding to the side of the screen and staying there, could this not be easy to achieve? (I am no expert btw!)

Even going back to the old title which was text at the top of the screen with no colour box, I liked that option as well, just would like these title effects to appear a few seconds into the track, then fade away.

Miixing in a song, say half way through, shouldn't matter as the current titler starts displaying as sonn as the track starts, whatever the position

With reference to the previous poster stating that something else must be holding me back to purchase the software other than this titler issue, well there isn't really, apart from the fact I am a home user, using this as a music video player system only. So I don't earn money doing DJ sets or anything like that, so for £100 + I would like it to meet my needs if possible

I did notice somebody in another thread referring to a 'text 2d' effect that might have a 'now playing' type option, can anybody tell me about that or send me the plugin to try with the demo version

Thanks again

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 4:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)