Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix Problem - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi gary , try this untick the hardware accelartion n play video in automix. But it will not have effect watsoever. try it, this is my guess.. vdj not in front on me n never use automix on video.. ;)

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 10:54 pm
araamHome userMember since 2008
hi

I have exactly same problem like you. DO you found any way how to fix the problem ? Many thanks in advance

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:25 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So far no fix. I have found that it doesn't happen on earlier versions of VDJ which use both decks for automix.

Very early on in another thread i brought this subject up, I'm convinced its the single deck automix feature. Its as if the one deck is just simply trying to do too much. At the point of crossfade, it has the audio from 2 videos going through 1 channel and the same with the video. On the older versions, the audio was output via 2 channels during the mix.

Does what i'm tring to explain make sense to anyone?

Gary

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 2:58 pm
Yes it makes sense.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 3:02 pm
Hi gary,

thanks a lot for your explanation unfortunately Im not very happy now because I have been in hope that there is some simple fix to this problem. Whar is the last version of virtualdj which use 2 decks for automix ? Can I download some trial of that old version or buy it somehow ?
I intended purchase virtual dj as automated dj software to mix automatically videos in club environment before live dj take place :-(.
TO MODERATORS FROM ATOMIX : Hi Guys will be this problem fixed in some update ? Is it matter of days, weeks or longer term ?

thanks in advance for answer

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 3:22 pm
TO GARY: just one thing I would like to share with all users our problem. I found out that if you make your audiocard buffer to incredible 8.000 samples than video still freeze for a half second but sound freeze is almost audibly unnoticeable. Unfortunately 8000 or more sample buffer slow down whole laptop to very slow video framerate so video is then somehow in "slowmotion". I know this dont really helps but more we know about our problem=better :-)

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 3:28 pm
Thanks for the info.

When i've mentioned this before, people have told me it will be addressed in the next update, but I think we have had a couple of updates since then and still no fix.

Yes, I think you can get earlier versions of VDJ by e-mailing support.

Its very annoying, as I liike to use the feature for the first half an hour of the night as a warm up before I start.

Gary

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 3:34 pm
Gary, just wondering - there are some people who claims they run automix with vobs with laptops with much more less specs without any problem. Are you sure its automix problem ? not laptop hardware related ? some incompatibility or so ...

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:03 pm
I've tried it on 3 different laptops and a desktop computer. I also have some friends who have the same problem. I'm pretty sure its not a hardware fault, remember the earlier versions work fine.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:16 pm
ah I mislooked those people have no problems with desktop pcs not laptops. Laptops prolly are not yet fast enough to mix everything with just one deck ..

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
GaryBr wrote :
I've tried it on 3 different laptops and a desktop computer. I also have some friends who have the same problem. I'm pretty sure its not a hardware fault, remember the earlier versions work fine.

Gary, sorry if this has been asked, have you looked at your accessories? I have read once or twice about some wireless mouses causing flakey issues....for some reason Logitech comes to mind, but I admit I could be wrong, this is going from memory...

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:23 pm
gary & moderators: Gary, from what I see from moderqators & tech support its looks like nobody is even working on our problem coz atomix people prolly think it is not virtualdj problem.. moderators Am I right ?

Posted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 6:10 am
TearEM: dont take it wrong but personally I cant see any technical possibility how wireless mouse can affect video mixing in automix mode.
Anyway Im using Micrtosoft bluetooth mouse for laptop I have problems with VDJ. I can try usb mouse and let you know if its any better

Posted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 6:22 am
It CAN and WILL cause issues if they are sharing an IRQ. I have suffered from this myself.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 2:04 pm
I will happily try using no mouse at all, just the laptops trackpad this saturday night and see how it goes. I'll report back when I know

Gary

Posted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 2:33 pm
I just tried with bluetooth/wifi off, usb mouse, trackpad only... problem is the same is all cases

Posted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 2:40 pm
Hey Guys I'm having the same problem with the videos if i turn on any kind of fade in automix. I think it has something to transitions maybe.
If i go back to back it works just fine with no stutter.

I'm using a HTPC Desktop with:
c2 duo e8400 3 ghz
4 gb of ram
5 Tb's of 7200 rpm SATA drives (4)
geforce 8600 512 mb video

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 10:55 pm
BTW Vista Pro 32 and no Internet nor AV on my DJ computer. Also it did the same on this exact computer with win xp pro.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 11:35 pm
guys, do you know if there was released fix already or not for automix problem ? Im waiting for fix before I buy and my trial expired sodont know if there is an progress... thanks in advance for info

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 11:50 am
Btw, I did try without the mouse and it made no difference. I can cure the skipping by turning off hardware acceleration in VDJ config menu, but then I can't use any video plugins, which is the only thing that really sets VDJ apart from the competition.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 2:19 pm
74%