Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New video transitions by djcel [Now customisable]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have just released some new video transitions based on a new engine which uses grayscale mask:
* Twister
* Plasma
* Dissolve
* Boxes
* Waves
* Starbust

You can find all the grayscale masks in the alpha layer of each .tga files under the new sub-directory:
VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\VideoTransition\\pictures

It means that you can customize your own video transitions by using, for example, Adobe Photoshop

I will soon release a general plugin which will ask you the mask you want to use in the folder. So in the future, we or I will only upload new masks on the website.

I hope you enjoy

I made the big part in C++ / Direct3D so if you could help me with grayscale masks, it would be great ;-)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 7:15 pm
Took a look a Waves, I like the look of these newies! =) Just a question, when opening the TGA files in photoshop all I get is black squares, how do you open and modiify the transitions?

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 7:39 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cel, you are every time the best!

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 2:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Downloaded - thanks :)

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 1:27 pm
halo_djk wrote :
Took a look a Waves, I like the look of these newies! =) Just a question, when opening the TGA files in photoshop all I get is black squares, how do you open and modiify the transitions?

You have to select the alpha layer of the TGA file. Let the RGB layer black.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 5:09 am
I have just found a little problem with alpha reactivation when you change of plugins and I will release a fix ASAP

Try for example, use the plugin "fade" or "wipe" after using my new transition

A current fix is first to launch the "alpha" transition plugin to reactivate the normal alpha

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 5:12 am
Seems fine here Cel, tried Plasma, then fade and wipe, all worked fine, also tested Starburst, all tested fine.

However I did notice that the cover (When used on FADE) fades in, then out, if loaded to the active deck before play has even been played, would it be better if it waited until you pressed play as the punters may not see it.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 5:19 am
halo_djk wrote :
Seems fine here Cel, tried Plasma, then fade and wipe, all worked fine, also tested Starburst, all tested fine.

It seems to appear on Vista only.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 5:26 am
Hi I can't find these effects in download section. once i've seen them but now it's not apearing. what can be wrong ?
regards

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:35 am
soundnatural wrote :
Hi I can't find these effects in download section. once i've seen them but now it's not apearing. what can be wrong ?
regards

I prefer that the new users directly have the fixed version instead of discovering that there is a conflict with other plugins in live

Posted Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:51 am
chibieCUE userMember since 2007
DJCel,

Really good work...

Every one tested yesterday and used at a six hour gig with no problems. I use Cue 4.3 (To many issues with the 5 versions) and Vista on a desktop.

By the way, thanks for making the clipbank (old) available. Works perfect with 4.3.

HOP

Posted Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 1:22 am
They are now available again

Posted Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 12:20 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thanks cel

have a mery christmas and a prosperous new year...

all the best

Tayla

Posted Mon 24 Dec 07 @ 10:25 am
May have a bug in at least in the twister trans, accadentally pressed the trans button on the dac2 when I should have pressed the Match button. As my match button also changes the current trans this is what happened.
Left deck playing
pressed trans on dac to change to right side.
Realise I mucked up, quickly press trans back to left deck and hit match on right deck (The key I wanted in the first place) changing the trans, while it was still actively "Transing".
DJ screen freezes, TV out freezes, audio and waveform played out ok, controller freezes, no crashguard, and windows had real trouble closing it down from task manager, unable to reproduce, but thought you'd like to know.

Oh still curious as to how to customise these plugins re one of my first messages.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 9:39 pm
Cant seem to get them to install using Vista, when I double click on the exe all I see is a black box but nothin installs.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:24 pm
Nevermind redownloaded them and they work.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 8:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)