Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VSTs - please help!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please can someone help me out here. I've got a load of VSTs and have copied them to VDJ's effects folder, but what is the next step? I thought maybe I should be activating them in VDJ's FX window but they don't appear in the menu on the left where the standard effects are (flanger, beat grid etc). What do I need to do to use these VSTs? Also the standard effects all have config files, yet my VSTs don't, so how do you change the parameters in VDJ? When I use these VSTs with eg Winamp they have an interface to change settings, does the same happen in VDJ?

Also, if I don't turn off a standard effect before loading a new track to the deck the effect is applied to, VDJ panics a bit. I want to use limiter and tube pre-amp VSTs as when mixing to / from vinyl there's a noticeable difference. Is there an easy way to apply these VSTs to the master output or do I have to run them as 2 seperate effects on each deck and turn them off each time I load a new track?

I hate making comparisons, but in Ableton Live you can apply plugins to individual channels and also separately to the master output, this is what I'd like to do in VDJ, is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

(P.s. yes, I'm home edition, but the bar I mix at has Pro edition)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 2:58 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
are you using vista or xp? i found on vista that the effects folder is not in the program files/virtual dj folder. vista has a user specific directory in c:users which has the actual files like library, etc which vdj will use. you'll need to do a search for the effects folder and enable hidden files.

from what ive seen from other threads, you need pro edition to use effects, though i have never used home.

not all vsts work, its a trial and error process. if the interface is usable, there will be a button in the effects tab which will launch it.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 10:12 pm
Hi,
Using XP
I found an effects folder that has the standard effects in there, along with their config files. I've tried a few recommended off the list, but they may not work with 3.4. To select these new effects, should they be appearing in the FX window on the left (alongside eg Beatgrid / reverse / flanger etc)?

Posted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)