Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: U46DJ sound card not working, urgent help needed...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi everyone that reads this... my name is mario a.k.a. "DJ Dezine" and i have have a serious problem with my U46DJ sound card. i just cant seem to get it working properly. im gonna explain my set-up just in case it matters (also cuz ive seen other people do on these forum things).

ok so i have:
- 2 Denon S-5000s
- a DN-X300 2 channel mixer
- a fairly new HP laptop (i dont know what any of this means by the way):
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60 GHz
- Memory (RAM): 2046 MB
- 32-bit Operating System
- and the mother of all my problems: the U46DJ sound card

i have everything hooked up right. ive done some research and ive asked around so i think im right in that. but for some reason i just cant get it working correctly.

i have downloaded all of the drivers that i have found on line: versions 1.014, 1.016, and 1.018. i read somewhere else about the serial number and it said that i should use the 1.016. i installed it and out of all three seems to be the one that works the best. but i still have a problem, i cant get to work right and it actually stay working for more than half an hour.

i run the installation and it seems to install correctly. i open virtual DJ, go to the Settings and to Sound Setup, choose Timecodes for Inputs, then External Mixer for Outputs, then Asio Driver for Sound Card, and it seems to work fine up to this point. But then i go to Timecode Config and the Timecode Quality is always 0%, i click on Auto-Config and nothing happens. everything seems to work fine, like i can still press play and cue and i can still scrath and stuff but after 20 minutes/half and hour it seems to stop working, as if the cd players got disconected. the wierd thing is that i just click on the TC button and disactivate the cd players and the program works fine with out them and the sound still goes through the U46DJ sound card to the mixer. i have tried to mess with the setting a little to see if anything makes it work but i have just cant get them to work properly.

basically, im out of ideas and i dont know what to do any more. so if anyone has any idea of how i can get my set-up up and running, i would really appreciate it. as a working dj, i have contracts to fullfill, booties to make shake, and you know, just party. so any help is more than welcome...

thanx in advance for reading this and for your time, hope to hear from someone soon... thanx...

-DJ Dezine

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 10:07 pm
make sure the front switches of your u46 is set on the line position, and make sure you have burned the "PRO" version of the TCCD for use with the Denon S-5000...

if that still doesnt' work, i was using 1.018 drivers with my u46 and that seemed to work with TCCD setup pretty well

if all else fails, ditch the u46 like i just did and pick up serato, the software interface sucks compared to VDJ but the SL-1 that comes with it is 100% flawless, runs timecodes perfectly and sounds great!

i believe my laptop is similiar to yours except that i probably have an older version since mine came with winxp

good luck!

Posted Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 2:11 pm
So the SL-1 for Serato Worked with the VDJ software?

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 5:43 am
Should be no problem with it.

Please do not dig up Threads older than 1 year. Yours is from 2007 !

Feel free to create a new Thread istead and ask your question again.

Greets, Heiko

[closed]

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 11:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)