Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VOXDCPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can someone help me? I am a full atomix user and i wanted to try virtual dj to see the difference. I downloaded the trial version, but everytime i try to open it, it wont, i double click on it, the screen comes " virtual dj trial version" and then nothing, nothing comes up. I right clicked on the button, pressed on the run as... and then this message came up " Error in the sound card driver: not enough memory" I dont know what to do, someone help me.
thanx

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 6:54 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
How much RAM do you have ? What is your sound card ?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 1:05 pm
These are my specs:

intel pentium 4 processor
512 MB syncDRAM total sytem memory
40GB UltraDMA hard drive
16MB nVidia Vanta Graphic Card
Microsoft Windows XP

and i believe that i have only one soundcard.
I hope you guys can help me out, because i really want to see this product and maybe buy it if i really like it.
Thanx in advance.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 5:03 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
What is your sound card ?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 5:17 pm
How can i tell what my soundcard is??? I havent added anything to my computer, so I dont know?
I am not very good with computer specs but i would really like to know how to fix it.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 5:24 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Might be a screen res problem. If his res is set to 800x600 and he's trying to use a 1024X768 skin...

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 6:23 pm
How do i fix that? the skin resolution, because when i open it, everything seems to go right, the screen comes up where its says Virtual dj trial version, but then nothing else, the only thing left is the litte box at the bottom, and i try to click on that for it to come up, but nothing happens. Pleaz help someone, as i really really want to try it, because i am ready to buy it if i like it, and it seems that everyone is liking it, so i need to try.
thanx

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 6:54 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Right click somewhere on your desktop area... chose properties... click the settings tab, and slide the screen res slider to a resolution of something 1024x768 or greater.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 7:15 pm
do as rick says or try re installing and select "easy interface" instead of advanced.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 7:33 pm
Thank you very much Rick, i changed the resolution and it works now, thanx a bunch.
I am about to try virtual dj now.
thanx

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 7:39 pm
Okay, first off, thank you again rick for helping me out, now that i have tried virtual dj, i like it alot, but there is still some problems:

- When i use it for more than 5 minutes, everything suddenly keeps on freezing and slowing down and it keeps on repeating every 2 to 3 minutes and its really annoying. I dont know how to solve this problem. I want to buy the full version but i am a little worried that the same problem will happen in the full version. I think because i changed my resolution to a higher one is making my computer freeze and stuff? i dont know, if anyone could help.

- Shortcuts: i dont see that many, atomix has a lot more, or is it just because its a trial that i cant use all of them, because i really need the up bass, down bass, up medium, down medium, up high, down hight shortcuts, and many more shortcuts that i didnt see.

Anyway, if someone could help me out, it would be very appreciated.
thanx.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 5:30 pm
can someone help me pleaz, at least tell me that if i buy the full version this wont happen. Thanx in advance, and please help me, i really really am enjoying this program. Thanx

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 9:25 am
well the skipping could be due to your computer specs (e.g ram)
and there are plaenty of shortcuts available

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 7:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)