Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I think I found the answer to the channel dropout

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Don't use advanced sound config! I've been testing VDJ all morning (can you tell I have to play tonight) using the simple config and 12 hours later no channel drop!!! I'm excited maybe I won't have to use winamp tonight. I'll report back tonight.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 9:47 pm
Exactly it, I had no problems with vdj tonight on the simple config

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 8:11 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Definately some screwy things happening.
I found weak sound from B channel, and a setting that gave me cross talk bleed through on A.
I went back to basic 4.1 config also.

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 9:04 pm
Can you get decent latency with basic? I thought this was the mode with no ASIO.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 10:46 pm
Man, I would hate to stop using my ASIO drivers now...

I can run both players plus looping and see my cpu usage stay at or below 4%... gotta love it!

Killabee44

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 1:53 am
Uuuu.. so this is not exactly 'the answer', more an answer of 'don't use the good feature - it doesn't work!'

This is lame, I have a gig this friday and I know I'm gonna have to take a bunch of records as backup, as usual, to cover for the times VDJ screws up. Any word from the VDJ team on why their ASIO system doesn't work?

Has anyone found a cheap USB s/card with 4 in/ 4out that actually reliably works, all the time, with ASIO mode?

It seems my Maya 44 USB is not up to the job - or is this a VDJ problem??

Cheers,

Bill.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 3:11 am
From what I can tell it is a software related problem, it seems vdj doesn't like any sound card made by esi, could be the esi drives, but for now it seems as the maya 44 is the only card to work in asio mode. These are my findings

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 5:28 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

The usb version is working very well and its drivers is not made
by esi, but from propagamma
http://www.usb-audio.com/

Just for the confusion, there is :
maya 44 (old model) - pci
maya 44 mk2 (pci 24bit/96)
maya 44 usb (usb 16bit/48)

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 6:03 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the M-Audio Delta series also works perfectly in ASIO mode, no problems over here, no channel dropouts or anything with use for more than 8 hours straight...
i'm just about to buy a second and multilink them in ASIO mode so i can get individual feeds for all of the samples

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)