Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Freezes up on my laptop all the time.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDJ on my laptop and my home computer. At home. the program runs flawless, but it freezes up on my laptop all the time. The music will continue, but the screen starts acting up. Like when you try to go to a different folder where your music is stored, when the screen slides over to to go to folder options, when the screnn slides back, the icons and folders stay in the middle of the screen, and then everything else just kinda freezes, but the program still runs, and the only way to stop this is to restart the program. Im afraid to DJ any partys with my laptop, and I dont wanna lug around my pc, any suggestions?

Also, how can I run headphones through my laptop for mixing? Do I need to get a mixer?

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 6:19 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please post the specifications of your laptop.
The option for previewing in your headphones is not available in the mix station version that you have.
For this you need the full version of VirtualDJ.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 6:47 pm
As far as the laptop, it is a...
Toshiba Satellite
XP Pro - Media Center Edition w/ (Service Pack 2)
Pentium 4 (2.8GHz)
512MB RAM
60GB HD

I dont understand, how do you get the full version (pro). I ordered the software, it was not a downloaded trial version or anything, but I was not aware there was 2 different versions.
Whats the difference between home and pro?
I want to be able to download more effects, so what do I have to do to get the pro version?

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 9:47 pm

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 10:07 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you apparently ordered the full version of DJ Mix Station. That's not the same as the full version of VDJ.
All full version users have downloaded their full version from this site after completing their purchase.
Thousands of people have done it. Don't be afraid. :-)
I too have a Toshiba laptop. it's a P-4 3.2 g. Your computer is certainly enough to run VDJ. However after I got my computer, the first thing I did was to go through and completely uninstall everything that wasn't needed. It was full of commercials, and trial products. I also added another 512 of RAM. Although it did seem to work OK with the original 512. Even though it shares 128 of RAM with the video. I would if possible add RAM, especially if your machine reserves any of that original 512 for video. I doubt that's your main problem, but it will help.

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 1:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)