Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advice/opinions please???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello there folks...:o)

I've been DJ'ing for about a year now and am looking to buy VDJ. However, I'm a bit concerned about it's...stability. Functionality wise, i think it's great, but i was a bit worried when my system started using (and running out of) virtual memory.

I've therefore built myself a system with 2 things on it - a massive (well, 3590 tracks) music library and another trial version of VDJ.

I've had no problems yet, but check this. The system's not great, but as far as i can see it's doing the job (touch wood). I'm running with 512mb ram and a measley processor, i know - Athlon 600Mhz. I've stuck a soundcard in there too for added functionality and like i say, so far, i've had no problems.

Got a night to do on saturday and am thinking of using this system then. Any comments/advice, anyone???

As you can see, i'm only an amateur just now, but VDJ is (so far) a wonderful program. Is there success in the pipes for me and VDJ???

Any comments would be greatly appreciated...:o)

Cheers

Chris

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 5:53 pm
Well chris all you need is to cough up the dough for vdj and you will be able to mix 512 ram is excellent!
Hope to see your status change soon!
Regards Andre

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 12:16 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think that Athlon 600Mhz is not enought ...

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 1:41 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What would you recommend Man-Tk???

Incidentally, i'm looking to upgrade my homebuilt anyway with a new motherboard and cpu...

Cheers...:o)

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 2:02 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried VDJ on a 566 mhz (with 512 ram) I found it to be very unstable and would have never trusted it in a live performance. I bought Atomix instead.

Since then I've upgraded my lap to a Pent 4 / 2.80 GHz and I bought VDJ, now I can run it with no problems and probably have enough system resources to cook some Jiffy Pop for my midnight snack. (Hey, it's all about the money! $$$)

:^)

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 2:25 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good choice djrenee VDJ's the best PCDJing software

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 8:52 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
athon xp 2800 (512 kb L2 memory cache)
with 512mb memory or 1 GB BETTER !!

Pentium 4 (with 1 mb L2 memory cache) PRESCOTT 2,8 is a very good option

Don't use processor of low range like Sempron ..Duron or Celeron ...

I recommend that you try to invest in a good machine ...Think about the cost of double cds

My System :

Pc Cube Shuttle
Athon xp 2800
512 mb memory (1024 it would be perfect)
2 X 160 GB hard disk
Ati Radeon 9600
PCI Audigy Ns
Maya 44 USB
LG dvd RW

VDJ with Time Code Vinyls
With this system I work everyday 8 hrs in a disco and haven't any problems since version 2.03 ...

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)