Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Purchasing Good Dance Mp3's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I currently purchase most of my Mp3's via MusicMatch, RealPlayer, Walmart,Connect online stores. I have just recently began building my dance mp3 library, as compared to my existing libarary of mostly top 40 Bar and Pub type music. Is there a good sight to get the better mixes, house, dance type music, remixes of todays hits that is legal and you purchase per track as with these other sights? If not what would be the best way to build this part of my library? Services such as Ultimix or Hot Tracks etc? The problem with the services, is out of 7 tracks I really usually only like 2 to 3. That is what is nice about being able to purchase by the tracks rather than the cd's.

Thoughts please.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 6:55 pm
NetGeekPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the latest tracks, I have found that the NOW CD's are really on-track and cheap. 20 songs for 10$ at best buy this week. These are basically the chart toppers for the current month - and CLEAN edits too, which is good if you play for mixed crowds. I am also building my library, so I am watching for other sources as well.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 8:50 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
www.replay-music.com

buy the software.....subscribe to "real rhapsody" $9.99 a month.....

you'll always have the latest music!!

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 9:47 pm
I'm looking for a music site where I could purchase 1980's DANCE FUNK. Tracks like: SKYY, FRANCE JOLI, SHANON, TRYLARK, BBQ BAND, D TRAIN, etc. Any sugestions will really be apreciated.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 11:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Funkymix, Ultimix, Hot Tracks, Street Tracks, Promo only. Just to name the first few that come to mind.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 11:10 pm
x-mix, power house, rampage, discomix, top hits, promo only

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 11:38 pm
What about sites where I could buy and download the tracks right away? Something like NAPSTER. Any ideas?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 12:30 am
I dont know of any in the USA. We have been bitching to promo only for years every time we go to the DJ show. This was back in 1999 when PCDJ 1000sl came out and started this whole revolution. I think they are scared of the evil RIAA!

I'll tell you a rumor I heard... Somewere deep in the heart of Promo Only is a massive file server that has every song they have ever put out. Every series, every month, every year, from the day they started to the present day. Man I wish I could get access to that! Would save me tons of time ripping CD's. Why don't they just offer a firggen MP3 download service and screw the CD distribution?

Until someone offers a DJ remix service in electronic format, we will have to buy it on CD, wait for the mail to deliver it, Rip it into MP3, tag them, bpm count them, and then they can be used with VDJ. I use itunes for radio edits, but they have no remixes with long intro's or breakdowns.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 1:54 am
The Replay-music.com seems too good to be true. What is the catch? Legality?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 6:20 am
If you have music to share you can go on any p2p site and download all the music you want....just make sure you have about 1000 songs to share or you will be banned......
Andre

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 12:12 am
Hi,
That Replay music site seems good......Nawtboy, "real rhapsody".....what might this be?

Cheers

Later,
Liam

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 12:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)