Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is there a way to cut the bpm in half on more than one track at a time?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Man, the bpm engine doubled MANY bpm's on my spanish tracks (almost all of them - thousands). Is there a way to cut the bpm in half on more than one track at a time?

I tried hilighting more than one track but no such luck... This would be a useful feature to implement. Right click on a number of tracks that are hilighted and select (/). Much faster than doing them all one at a time. One by one will take me ages.

Please tell me there is a way! Or maybe a utility that can do this!!!

Killabee44

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 10:15 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I would assume that the spanish tracks are somewhat together.
Try a re analyze on those groups with the other bpm engine selected. If you used HH/Techno, try Any Music.
I have just reset my back up and 98% of the tagged BPMs match the program's count.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 11:12 pm

Thanks for your reply rick,

I used "any music". Guess maybe try to re-bpm them with one of the other settings. It would suck to have to do them all one by one...

Killabee44

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 3:28 am
Wow!! The bpm's on my hip hop tracks are waaaay off. I mean if they were only doubled it would not be that bad. They are not all wrong but a good 60 to 70% are.

I have tried the "any music" as well as the "techno/hiphop" settings to no avail.

My only hope is the Mixmeister bpm program. I know that will take forever (I have about 6000 tracks).

Is anyone else having this kind of trouble with bpms on hip hop tracks? I can't be the only one!

Killabee44

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 3:10 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Best setting for hip hop in my opinion is any music. BTW you need to rescan the songs with anymusic after they have been scanned with the other algo to see changes.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 4:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)