Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Directory Search vs. Drive Search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NetGeekPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I recently purchased, although I used the trial for about 10 days. I would like to add my performance directory to the database and omit other sound files. I use my home system to do the BPM analysis and ripping.

I also use this system to mix new music with, so I have a load of other songs, bits and pieces. I don't want all this pulled into the database.

My dilemma is that it appears I can only search the entire drive. Anyone know how I can search only a subdir?

Brent

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 4:53 pm
Choose the folder you want to do the search on and left-click on it. Then right-click and select "show-all". This will only select the root folder you selected and subfolders, displaying all the songs inside those folders.

Finally, if you want to do a search on the selcted folders, just type your query in the search function of VDJ.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 5:19 pm
NetGeekPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did that and even set that main directory as a favorite. I use that as my starting point. I have analyzed all the files and all looks well. I have even found where all the information is stored so that I may keep my laptop in sync with my desktop. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the "Database" then. Can you explain?

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 5:41 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Database is an easy way to find anything stored in. This way you can find a track by a few letters typed in the search bar.

For the other directories, you can choice to see only the directory selected or with all subfolders included.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 7:37 pm
searching only a directory, and not the whole drive, is asked for as a new feature.
Hang around, and see in a future update, it might come ;)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 12:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)