Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Hyperthreading] buffer overflow in or some

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Situation: lot of directories in the directory browser (eg. c:\songs\label1\ ..... c:\songs\label100\). When i grab the scroll bar to scroll the list, and keep scrolling it continously with LMB pressed, after a while the graphics of VDJ stop working or mess up and if i keep moving the (now invisible) scroll slider, the gfx return to normal state for a while and again mess up later. So why am i complaining if it return to normal after some extra work? Well i use the directory browser a lot and it messes up very very often.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 03 @ 1:35 am
BTW this is very annoying bug, i have to wonder how it slipped through! System is p4 3ghz / 512 win xp, everything is up to date (including BIOS).

Posted Sat 12 Jul 03 @ 1:38 am
please keep this message also in general forum so i can get some answer..

Anyone here using VDJ with HyperThreading enabled (there's two processors in win XP task manager visible) Pentium 4 ?

Just asking cause i just figured what caused VDJ to mess up every now and then, especially when browsing directories. When i disabled HT from bios, i can't reproduce the bug / graphics mess anomaly anymore.

So is this a problem in VDJ or is my computer somehow broken? VDJ is only application where i have seen ANY problems.. my comp has been totally stable for the 3 week i've had it.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 03 @ 2:50 am
Update: I installed many xp sp2 updates, but even the Q815227_WXP_SP2_x86 kernel update which mentioned hyperthreading and corruption using large filemappings didn't resolve the problem in VDJ.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 03 @ 12:39 pm
I think the problem has now been confirmed, there's post in technical support forum with similar description from full version user with HT P4.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 03 @ 10:16 am
Well seem only me and dontonio have the problem.. I said wrong in above post, the WinXP SP2 patch doesn't have anything to do with corruption, it fixes slow performance when unmapping large file mappings. The cause for problem may lie in compiler used ..

Posted Sun 20 Jul 03 @ 4:56 pm
last update: it seems this is fixed in v1.03

Posted Wed 06 Aug 03 @ 7:17 pm
:( i'll take that back, it seems the problem is still there. Just didn't come up so fast on the first tries of 1.03.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 12:48 am
djricheHome userMember since 2004
I've a similar problem.
Have a gander at !FREEZE! in the general discussion forum.
PS - I've a hyperthreading P4 3.2Ghz.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 1:32 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djriche : this probleme is corrected in the last release (v1.08).

It's not available for DJ Mixstation2 or DJ Console for the moment.

It'll be available soon.

Gwenn

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 5:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)