Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ Database.xml CRASH!!! All my BPM's & Comments etc all gone!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MY VDJ had a fatal crash when I was spinning LIVE over shoutcast and when I click RECOVER, All my thousands of tracks had lost thier data! All became "question mark" tracks, as if never played before! Some break beat songs and vocal that I had to manually calculate BPMs had lost all their BPMs and that really pissed me off. I always thought the data for the tracks were stored in the Virtual DJ Intrnel Database File, but apparently now the .XML file is the file that stores the BPMs, etcetc.... That file got corrupted and I lost everything! And VDJ didn't back it up... Neither did I. VDJ and myself only backed up the Internal Database file... I recommend everyone back up the .XML file too.... And VDJ producers, PLEASE autobackup that file too. I would love it if VDJ would do a backup of the critical database files everytime VDJ closes, just like as it writes history.txt, It should back up the VDJ critical database files at the same time.... And creating multiple backups would be even better. Like one backup for when it closes once, then another backup for the second time the software is closed, before overwriting one of the backup files... This is to ensure people don't accidentally close and overwrite the GOOD backup with data from a corrupted database. At least if that happens, there's still the backup form the previous closing of the software....

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 3:25 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
VirtualDJ Database file was for the 1.x versions
Now the VirtualDJ Database.xml file has all the infos.
Big mistake you didn't backup this file.....
I made a batch file that can backup this file (and others too),
(renaming the older backup first....)
then start Vdj, and when i close the program it makes another
backup. This way i always have ...3 versions...of the xml file.
It is a few lines only but i dont remember it right now.
Wait for some days i will post it to the general forum,
along with other tips.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 3:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)