Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gigaport AG

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anybody knows how to setup the gigaport ag so your can send the samples to two different channels or at leas to left and right if there is a sorround way to do it. My situation is the following: I can play both players on 4 different channels but my samples come out thru my onboard sound card instead of the gigaport and I'm using a laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

DJWillymix

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 2:02 am
You need to have the ASIO 2.0 drivers installed and redirect the outputs in the advanced section of the soundcard options. I have left desk on 1,2; right desk on 3,4; and samples on 5,6. New ASIO drivers can be found here:

http://www.download.com/3000-2120-10108225.html

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 2:47 am
go to advanced audio-setup.
there you can assign the decks and sampler to differend channels of your soundcard(s).

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 12:10 pm
Thanks both for your replies, I will download the new drivers and try again. Also if it works how can go about buying the driver and how much would it cost, since I just read that I need a key entered or it will beep every 30 seconds.

DJ Willymix

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 7:28 pm

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 5:06 am
Ok, I downloaded the new drivers and installed them but I'm still not able to use channel 5 & 6 of the Gigaport AG. When I assigned the samples to this above channels they actually come out thru my internal soundcard (Laptop). I would hate not to be able to take the advantage of all the features of VDJ. Please help!

Posted Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 1:06 pm
in the advanced setup, go down to sample first select which soundcard you want to use, and then you can select the right channels to assign to.

i'm pretty sure you have missed the soundcard selection?

Posted Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 2:10 pm
Willy,

I agree. Try the advanced settings again. If that does not work try reinstalling the drivers for ASIO 2.0. It walks you right through the process. May I also ask to make sure you are using the latest version of VDJ, at lease one that supports ASIO? 2.01 or above.. Just to make sure...

Posted Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 5:28 pm
Vantinedj,

Thank you all for your asistance. I'm running VDJ 2.05 and I reinstalled the ASIO drivers, the only strange thing is that when I select all the different channels under advance settings the samples actually playback thru my internal sound card (Laptop). Should I disable my internal sound card and see if it works. I'm using the same Gigaport AG as other DJ's I can't understand why wouldn't it work.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 3:35 pm
You shouldn't have to. What are you selecting for each channel. What exactly does it say...

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 6:51 pm
Ok, I'm selecting ch 1 & 2 for player A and 3 & 4 for player B, then I choose ch 5 & 6 for samples playback. Everything looks fine no errors what so ever, but when I play the sample it comes out of the internal sound card and not the gigaport output.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 8:50 pm
When you click on the sound card option in advanced config which is the eigth selection down in the soundcard menu do you see something that say USB Audio 1, 2, 3, and so on or Gigaport 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on? That is the selection needed. Left Desk 1 should be USB Audio 1, Right Desk1 USB Audio 2, Left Desk 2 should be USB Audio 3, Right Desk 3 Should Be USB Audion 4, Then assign All Sample to USB Audio 5, and USB AUdio 6 and hook everything up accordingly. If it doesn't work may I suggest you go into your computer driver settings and delete the Gigaport driver totally then reinstall it. You can do this as follows:

In XP Start, Right click on my computer, double click on device manager, find the gigaport under sound video gam controllers, click on the driver tab, click uninstall. Restart the computer. Then reinstall ASIO 2.0. MAKE SURE IT IS THE GIGAPORT driver only....

Good luck.... This worked much smoother for me. I hope I help this time. :)

Posted Fri 05 Nov 04 @ 1:52 am
Vantinedj,

Brother! thanks for all your help I finally figuered it out. All I had to do was assign each effect individually to each channel of the Gigaport for example channels 5 & 6 to all of them and it works. Thank god!!!!!

Thanks for everything!!!!

DJ Willymix

Posted Fri 05 Nov 04 @ 3:33 am
Willymix in da house :D

congrats dude!

Posted Fri 05 Nov 04 @ 11:40 am
Enjoy! :)

Posted Fri 05 Nov 04 @ 4:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)