Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why do I keep loosing BPM and length information?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Each time I make a playlist at some point VDJ will no longer display the BPM and length of many (not all the songs). So it is really annoying to reanalyzed all the time the same songs over and over. Especially tiring when sthe BPM of some songs have to be corrected manually each time.

If only this info was put and read from the ID3 atgs we would not have this problem.

I have no clue why I keep loosing some info. Maybe the database look at the file content and if for some reason some ID3 info is added to a file it thinks it is no longer the same file???

I am really puzzled and a bit diaspointed I must write.

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 5:18 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Indeed, to identify a file uniquely, VDJ uses its exact filename and size.

If you use an external software that modifes ID3 tags, hence filesize, you're screwed, unless you feel like updating the VDJ XML database manually to input the new size.

Also, there's an add-on that does that for ID3v2 tags in the add-ons section. it was done at the time a lot of people used mixmeister for its (not any more) superior bpm algorithm and wanted to update their vdj database with the bpm values identified by mixmeister and set in the ID3v2 tags.

I'd love to see an option to "identify by filename only", or at least a "reclaim" button on tracks whose size changed.

regards,

Nicolas

Posted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)