Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: anyone used the new herc drivers?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone tested out the new herc drivers that came out yesterday? Im installing it now, wondering if aiso works right now.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 8:17 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Oh, new drivers and also a firmware update,
I'm going to download them too.
Let as know how the work.
----------------------------------
From Hercules site: (about the driver)
-----------------------
Contents:
Bulk Driver Version 1.8.0.0
ASIO Driver Version 1.8.0.0
Firmware Version 35
Control Panel Version 1.1.0.17

Changes:
- Totally new ASIO drivers.
- Two modes (Normal and DJ): ASIO is now a subset of DJ mode.
- Users can choose whether headphones clone Output 1-2 or Output 3-4 in DJ Mode, a feature also available in ASIO mode.
- Talkover attenuation is now a 100% hardware solution, as opposed to a software solution in the previous driver package.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 9:12 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thnx blackgold9

i try it tomorrow

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 4:53 pm
I installed as instructed. Set mode to ASIO. Ran Cubasis VST 5 and it all went horribly wrong. Songs would either play with major problems necessitating reset devices or not at all. My lap-top would not shut down and kept rebooting so I uninstalled both Cubasis and the new Hercules drivers and reinstalled Cubasis. It all seems to be working swimmingly although I've yet to install any Hercules drivers.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 12:39 am
VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I installed the new drivers yesterday, they do not work with Virtual DJ. The controller is picked up fine by XP, and responds as a sound card and buttons are registered under game controller, but when it comes to VDJ, no response from the controller, and guess what... try to roll back the drivers... you can't the firmware will not roll back so now I have an unresponsive controller... thanks Hercules... guess I'm going to have to use my Final Scratch instead.

So word of warning DO NOT INSTALL THE NEW DRIVERS FROM HERCULES!!!

Posted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 5:17 am
VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please ignore last post :whistle: I made a big stupid mistake... I forgot to select my Remote Control method :embaressed look: I'm off to hide under the carpet now... sorry for the false alarm!

Posted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 3:04 pm
I've upgraded the drivers & I have no problems, I think even the scratching sounds a little better

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 12:24 pm
Where can i found the new drivers, because www.hercules.com is down here !

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 1:05 pm
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/exe/DJConsole/3_HDJ_2004.exe

WATCH OUT THERE IS A DIFFERENT MAC DRIVER

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 3:42 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is it only me or does anyone else have also problems with the new ASIO mode of the latest Hercules drivers ?

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 3:44 pm
ASIO problems. See my post regarding Cubasis VST 5.

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 7:23 pm
metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I confirm the asio problems, at least i get them with VDJ when i set Hercules DJ console Asio as output, i don't hear anything coming out... well it's better than crashing my system i guess :)
Else, i do agree the fact that scratching sounds a bit better, but the thing i noticed the most is that the console is more responsive than before and also it seems more stable in long runs.

Ps: if you want to upgrade your drivers, just do like Hercules page says : follow up instructions appearing on screen carefully

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 4:59 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no problems here

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 5:14 am
Dj dAnHome userMember since 2004
In Asio mode i've got software problem: after that i closed the VirtualDJ program, and i try to restart it, WinXP said that ther are DirectX bugs (like a crush down), and i can't use Virtual DJ than.
Without the Asio mode enable, there aren't any problem.
A question for all party peoples: where can we download new effect for the Virtual Console (because from Virtual DJ must be registered)?

Posted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 2:42 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have tryed the new drivers but when i close virtualDJ and re-open, the console not working well. I need to unplug the usb connector, close the DjConsoleMixer and plug again the console and start again the program.
I have try the ASIO mode with "Reason" and seem to work fine, although the jog wheel doesn't work fine.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:53 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have resolved the problem. I have disabled the ASIO mode from the DJconsolemixer and now work fine :)

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)