Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Console Freeze & Forced System Reboot

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

Been looking through the (too many) issues on this board with the Hercules Console.

I've only had the console a week, but have had no end of problems with it in the last few days.

I launch Virtual DJ and am fine for a little while, but soon enough (usually after I've used my [USB] mouse to load up a song the console no longer responds! I then close down the Virtual DJ application and try to unplug the dj console. WHICH FORCES MY PC TO REBOOT BY ITSELF. When XP finally loads back up it informs me there was a critical failure and that it was probalbly caused by a device driver... (thanks!)

I've tried the numerous things advised on the board. I've tried running the thing under Service Packs 1 and 2 (same problem on both) and I've also tried both versions of the hercules drivers that are currently available (030 & 031G)... same problem again.

The only thing I havent really tried is assigning my USB ports to a distinct IRQ. I'm running a Shuttle system and don't know how easy it is to do with the 6 USB's I have on the box.

Any help, suggestions, welcome as I feel really let down by this... fallen at the first hurdle before a serious hobby can take off!

Martin

Shuttle XPC, 3.2G Intel Prescott, 1GB Ram.... etc.

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 2:21 pm
Ah... also forgot to mention. If I try to reboot my PC after a freeze (leaving the console plugged in so it doesn't reboot itself). I get my first ever blue screen of death on XP, warning me about a device driver. I'll try and recreate the error message this evening so anyone techie enough may be able to give me a diagnostic.

Martin

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 2:25 pm
I've had this problem too, a long time ago
what kind of usb port are you using, are you shure it has enough power (try it without the other usb devices attached)

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 3:56 pm
It's all gravy now. Got myself a mains powered USB hub. Still a bit naffed off though that I've had to shell out a bit more ca$h for a product that 'supposedly' works straight off your PC'c USB ports.

Martin

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 8:09 pm
KeuneutHome userMember since 2004
I had that problem some time ago.
It was some serious hardware issue.

I just sent mine back to Hercules to receive a new one within a week or two.

I think that's the best you can do. It's their failure.
If it happens again you should do just that.

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 10:49 pm
KeuneutHome userMember since 2004

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)