Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 2.04 using Time Coded wax

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, here are my system specs

Northgate Labtop
P4 2.4, 512 megs of Ram
Windows XP Home with SP 2
Maya USB 44 using driver 2.53
And it is optimized for audio, I've gone above and beyond regarding this.

I kind of posted this earlier, my time coded signal pretty much stays at 0% but at least NOW it lets me control my MP3's with my turntables and VDJ Time coded wax. My problem is when loading songs, or scratching I experience temporary sound drops. I have changed latency settings, and like I mentioned before, my computer is optimized for audio. No one really responded to my eariler posting, I hope this one gets some responses. Thank you.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 8:35 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In Time coded vinyl The weight it's important ...put it on maximum .

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 5:20 am
Man-Tk, tell me about your setup, what sound card are you using, what are your latency settings, what are the specs of your PC.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 3:55 pm
shutlle Cube
Athlon xp 2800
512 mb memory
Lg dvd RW
2 x 160 GB Hard disk
Ati Radeon 9600
PCI soundcard - Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Maya 44 USB
Windows XP Professional SP2

Virtual dj with time coded vinyls works perfect in ASIO mode (2 line in + 2 line out)
I use Audigy for another dj software .
Latency in RAPID MODE ...
Scratch perfect with NO LATENCY

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 7:20 pm
It sounds like our specs are pretty simular, I do how ever have a laptop. And we have the same soundcard, what are your current latency settings?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 7:49 pm
1 - uninstall asio drivers
2 - conect your usb soundacard and wait 2 minutes.
3 - go to VDJ soundcard and choose ASIO
4 - choose maya44 usb in asio config
5 - click OK
6 - you will see a message (error in asio) this doesn't have importance -
7) close VDJ
8) install the drivers (www.audiotrack.com)
9)Conect your turtables to your soundcard and play the time code vinyl - maximum weight that you can
10) open VDJ
11)go to Soundcards and click ASIO CONFIG
12 - mute MONITOR 1+2 AND 3+4
13 - DON'T TOUCH LATENCY - close asio config
14 - go to CONFIG TIME CODE LEFT
15 - CLICK IN software ryaa preamp .
16 - give some gain .....
17 SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 5:03 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
[...] maximum weight that you can [...]

Please! Never do that! You will kill your needle and loose signal quality!

- Put the recommended weight (that is often high, that's right).
- look at your signal quality and make little adjustements on the weight to improve it (if needed).

-> Make this and you will see that the maximum weight is not the best setting... ( if your needle is not already dead).

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 7:01 am
Kaleo :
sorry but another weight don't work for me .....I use my TC vinyls everyday ...8 hs ....and no problem and my needles are fine ...I have a friend : Scratch DJ and he do the same for scratch and he has the needles until January and works perfect ....
with less weight I loose signal quality ....

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 2:17 pm
There may be some truth to the adding weight theory, With my Ortofon Concorde Pro silver needles, I had trouble getting the signal strength to be at 100% adding weight got me from 0% to at least 40 to 50%. But better yet replacing my Ortofon's (which I love) with these http://www.123dj.com/cartridges/trackmaster.html
now I'm pleased to say I am finally at 100%.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 7:09 pm
well.. biiig debate.. fair enough if your a scratch dj, and need the needle to say in the groove, for normal use, this technique is not needed, you should be consulting the manual of your turntable in order to set up your weight correctly, if you find your needing to add weight, think about replacing your needles, if you put maximum weight on, and then some... you risk damaging your needles further, and destroying your records sooner!

I use my ortofons @ the reccomended weight by my TT manufacturer and i get 100% in VDJ, now all i have to sort is my ASIO problems ;)

think about it!

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 5:05 pm
When you say uninstall ASIO drivers do you mean the standard drivers? I have looked all over the audiotrak sight and has been unable to locate an ASIO specific driver. I am using the maya44 pci mkII but I assume things should work the same.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)